Kevin Lee gameplan/fight IQ/cardio

Andrei Orlovski

UFC black belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Kevin looked really sharp on the feet early and landed some clean strikes? Then he decided to spend all of his energy trying to take down RDA who has very strong base and countered his takedown attempts with standing kimuras. Why force these takedowns that he wont get and spend all of his energy when he wasn't looking bad standing, atleast mix it up instead of going for these forced takedowns at the cage that RDA is ready for?
It's the same story with him almost every loss.

conor needs to show him how to be "energy efficient."

Maybe he pictures himself as a different type of fighter than he is in reality, but he keeps trying to be that same fighter because he sees himself improve between every fight so he says to himself "im there" every camp?

I was just happy to see him lose. He acts like a complete twat at every weigh-in and face off. I don’t buy that he is just trying to “sell the fight” either since he only has seven fans.

As for your analysis, yes, I agree 100%.

Maybe he pictures himself as a different type of fighter than he is in reality, but he keeps trying to be that same fighter because he sees himself improve between every fight so he says to himself "im there" every camp?

You just described R. Rousey’s downfall and subsequent retirement beautifully. <45>

You just described R. Rousey’s downfall and subsequent retirement beautifully. <45>
Ev91d8S.gif

This gif is literally from that

Hahahaha! There it is!
Yup. Gets embarrassed by Holly in basically a kickboxing match and all the sudden comes back as a reinvented world class striker to face Amanda Nunes, the best female striker pretty much ever now after beating Cyborg like she stole her rent money

Yeah he went straight to gasville and over committed to the takedowns when he was being somewhat competitive on the feet prior to gassing

Fighter Kevin Lee simply thought that his wrestling was on par with Khabib, Usman and Covington. Obviously he was wrong.

I expect that Fighter Kevin Lee is having an existential crisis as we speak.

Tough break.

Yeah he was doing better on the feet than he should've been.

Fighter Kevin Lee simply thought that his wrestling was on par with Khabib, Usman and Covington. Obviously he was wrong.

I expect that Fighter Kevin Lee is having an existential crisis as we speak.

Tough break.
A lot of people thought that Lee had wrestling on par or even better than Khabib. It was insane tbh

Am I the only one who thinks Kevin looked really sharp on the feet early and landed some clean strikes? Then he decided to spend all of his energy trying to take down RDA who has very strong base and countered his takedown attempts with standing kimuras. Why force these takedowns that he wont get and spend all of his energy when he wasn't looking bad standing, atleast mix it up instead of going for these forced takedowns at the cage that RDA is ready for?
It's the same story with him almost every loss.

You are probably the only one. Because he wasn't sharp at all lol. RDA was outstrucking him on the feet, even if Kevin did land a bit. TBH I believe it was more RDA's defense being weird than Lee having success.

You are probably the only one. Because he wasn't sharp at all lol. RDA was outstrucking him on the feet, even if Kevin did land a bit. TBH I believe it was more RDA's defense being weird than Lee having success.

Actually he is far from being the only one. Lee had success standing up, was dynamic and landed first...And then he thought he was Usman strong and Diaz cardio...obviously he was not. sad sad game planning

Definitely some racist buffoonery as well. He can't handle losing in general and especially losing to someone of a different race. Look at his facial expressions and attitude pre/post fight.

Actually he is far from being the only one. Lee had success standing up, was dynamic and landed first...And then he thought he was Usman strong and Diaz cardio...obviously he was not. sad sad game planning
He had less success than RDA standing up.

I mean, it does sound like you are blaming everything on game planning. I'm not sure what Kevin would have to do to win this fight, because RDA was better than him everywhere. The knockdown Lee got looked like a slip to me, and RDA was landing way more - you just look at their faces. I will lend you that he did land a bit, but he was still behind on the striking.

You can't blame on bad game planning when the guy just didn't have the tools to beat the other guy. If Kevin wants to beat guys like RDA he needs to....be better than he is now lol.

Kevin Lee doing all he can to keep stereotypes alive lol

I don't think his cardio looked terrible. RDA is known to have some of the best cardio in the game. I think he should have been more efficient with his energy. I think Lee's fighting style works on a lot of people but stylistically this was a bad matchup for him. Lee's constant pressure isn't going to wear a cardio machine like RDA out. Overall I think it was competitive and an enjoyable fight to watch. Lee is a solid fighter but still needs to keep improving if he wants to compete against the elite.

Dude needs to go to a shark tank like AKA or ATT imo. Mental catching up to the physical is taking too long. Also no excuse for his cardio anymore.

You pointed out something important TS. He loses the same way every time. I'm not usually the one to suggest fighters switching camps, but that would be a really good reason to move imo. At this point being with the same guys is literally insanity. Kevin depletes way too much energy going for ineffective take downs, how has this not been corrected yet?

Back