Poll: Should Rashad Evans Be in the UFC Hall of Fame?

Should Rashad Evans be in the Hall of Fame?

• Total voters
Sure, why not.

It's the modern wing so yeah, I'm OK with that, TUF winner becoming champ, beat so many legends, one of the top PPVs before the "new new" era...

Was undefeated until Shad face didn't lose again for another three years. Beat Bisping, Chuck, Forrest, Rampage, Tito(when Tito was back in the mix), Davis, Hendo and Chael. Awesome resume.

Compared to a few other jokers they put in there... Rashad is fine.
(Ronda)
tenor.gif

More deserving than Forrest or Bonnar.

He is a borderline case for me. He had a good career and beat some top guys, but even though he won the title, he never successfully defended it and never got it back. He beat some good fighters, but most were semi-boring decisions. His KO of Liddell was when Chuck was already on the down side of his career, as was his fights with Rampage and Tito. He being a HOF'er is OK with me, but if I was voting I would probably not vote him in.

Yes, he was a TUF winner that went on to beat the best LHW in the world at the time and captured the LHW belt. His reign was short but he did a lot in a short period and against odds. He fell hard late in his career but that should never outshine past accomplishments.

No way, but Bonnar is in so why not? Ryan LaFlare is next

Why not? Won TUF, became a world champ.

You have to remember that the UFC is still very young, so the selection pool is still very small. At some point you'll have to be an ex champ with 10 title defences to even be considered, but obviously that's a long ways away.

He was a top 5 LHW from 2008 until his knee injury in early 2014.

Those injuries effectively ended his competitive career but before that he was an a top level fighter and 22-3.

He also was part of what at the time was the biggest (selling) non-title fight in ufc history with the Rampage fight.

He was better than Mask so yeah.

If Mask is in the HOF, Shad certainly belongs in it.

Plus, this gift is historic.

blogger-image-1796761955.jpg

He is a borderline case for me. He had a good career and beat some top guys, but even though he won the title, he never successfully defended it and never got it back. He beat some good fighters, but most were semi-boring decisions. His KO of Liddell was when Chuck was already on the down side of his career, as was his fights with Rampage and Tito. He being a HOF'er is OK with me, but if I was voting I would probably not vote him in.
"But were semi-boring decision"

I don't mind that. I want fighters to use their skills to the fullest and see what happens. Even though Diego has had some entertaining fights he seems like a case of somebody who could have had a much better career. He's not a very good striker but is a very talented grappler. He wanted to make the boss happy and fight for those performance bonuses. Doesn't make sense to me. It's very sad. He will pay the price later in his life. George Gurjel is another one. Entertaining fights to him is someone acting like he is a standup fighter who doesn't know how to box. I loved Diego's fights where he grappled. Nick Diaz and Karo come to mind off the top of my head.

Ask casual fans to name a handful of fighters from that era. Rashad would be one of the handful of names they can think of.

That's good enough for me. It's the hall of fame, not the hall of who technically had the best career.

Back