Kevin Lee is a gasser.

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
I was so impressed with that guy for the fights with Cheisa, Ferguson and Barbosa. Especially Barbosa which he dominated better than Habib. But then he under performed with AI. We all thought its the terrible weight cut he must'v had. But now at 170 he gasses out even more. Gas tank is very hard thing to fix, most of the time you either have it or you don't have it and have to be efficient with your energy. I am no longer thinking of Lee as the next big thing. He's been read, wear him out in 2 and beat him.

I was so impressed with that guy for the fights with Cheisa, Ferguson and Barbosa. Especially Barbosa which he dominated better than Habib. But then he under performed with AI. We all thought its the terrible weight cut he must'v had. But now at 170 he gasses out even more. Gas tank is very hard thing to fix, most of the time you either have it or you don't have it and have to be efficient with your energy. I am no longer thinking of Lee as the next big thing. He's been read, wear him out in 2 and beat him.
The problem with Lee is that he packed even more muscle when he moved to WW. He should try losing muscle and see how his gastank improves, but I believe Lee is too dependent on his physical strength to ever go that route.

he looked good all the way thru though. Who knows what would have happened if his ankle pick was successful. Great fight

I just think the guy has no heart. When the going gets tough in fights, he gives up mentally. He wanted a way out that fight and he got it, just like in the Ragin Al fight.

He sprints. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it's a marathon, and he doesn't know til it's too late. His coaches aren't doing their job apparently.

He sprints. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it's a marathon, and he doesn't know til it's too late. His coaches aren't doing their job apparently.

His coaches are worthless. Should get a new team probably if he wants to stay at top5

It was pretty bad how he just waited there after the missed take down and then gave up the submission.

He quit.

Yeah his team overall might be fine, if his corner gave him some questionable advice. I mean maybe he knows Lee and was just playing to his psychology, but I remember after round 2 Lee was fading visibly more than RDA and his corner said “he(RDA) is getting tired”

His coaches are worthless. Should get a new team probably if he wants to stay at top5

I know the perfect fit.

6827-the-treigning-lab.jpg

Hopefully he has enough gas to get back to the prelims.

It was pretty bad how he just waited there after the missed take down and then gave up the submission.

He quit.
Yeah but when you’re actually gassed and you dumped everything you had left into a great attempt that failed, that shit will happen

He never beat barboza worse than Khabib. He almost got finished himself. And to think it was a better performance just because he finished Barboza in championship rounds is retarded given that Khabib fight was a 3 rounder.

He did not underperform against Al due to a bad weight cut. Al is just better than him.

He has always been mediocre and tonight proved it yet again.

Yeah his team overall might be fine, if his corner gave him some questionable advice. I mean maybe he knows Lee and was just playing to his psychology, but I remember after round 2 Lee was fading visibly more than RDA and his corner said “he(RDA) is getting tired”
Didn't care for how they were handling Ngannou after his loss to stipe. Same coaches, I just doubt he's (Lee) ever developing anything beyond foot on the gas. That lands on all involved I guess.

Still, why pay anyone who can't address the weak spots that educated fans see?

He fights unprepared, as opposed to outclassed if that makes sense

Wrestling is a tiring style for 5 round fight, especially with his kind of build. He needs to tire guys out in the same way khabib does. Easier said than done ofcourse

he also has amazing reach for his height but is slow as shit

Didn't care for how they were handling Ngannou after his loss to stipe. Same coaches, I just doubt he's (Lee) ever developing anything beyond foot on the gas. That lands on all involved I guess.

Still, why pay anyone who can't address the weak spots that educated fans see?

He fights unprepared, as opposed to outclassed if that makes sense
It does. I don’t know if it’s his team or not though, or if he is just simply never going to have a good gas tank. He really didn’t seem to waste much energy so I think his economy was probably good. I think it simply comes down to whether he gets the finish while the fight is early.

The five founders have definitely changed my perception of him. He has certainly looked like a champ in the past, but the championship rounds are separating him from that

Sherdog used to make threads that Lee was Khabib's kryptonite and that Khabib was ducking him..:rolleyes:

It does. I don’t know if it’s his team or not though, or if he is just simply never going to have a good gas tank. He really didn’t seem to waste much energy so I think his economy was probably good. I think it simply comes down to whether he gets the finish while the fight is early.

The five founders have definitely changed my perception of him. He has certainly looked like a champ in the past, but the championship rounds are separating him from that
Certain physiques tend to burn gas up. The super bulky, or wide and shredded frames are great for dealing damage, fast reaction and pop. And when your muscles are fast twitch, you possibly can't move conservatively enough to prevent gassing, no matter what you do. Like there's no way you can try to counter program your attributes at a roots level. But he could afford to spend some time between haymakers and big shots countering and shaking his limbs out. Switch gears, slip uppercuts circling away.
But he just runs to the end, similar to Chael and how he runs into Ls so aggressively.

It's a shame at his age that he's only able to haul ass, some cruise control would balance it out

Back