If Conor Had Beat Khabib Last Year...

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Fluke punch"
"Conor will duck the rematch"
"Khabib is overrated"
"Khabib should move up to 170, the cut to 155 is obviously taking its toll on him and he came in too depleted against McGregor and it affected his performance"

Any or all of these would be repeated ad nauseum in an effort to disregard his victory. Hell, they would apply even if Conor won a rematch.

If my momma was a man, I 'd have 2 fathers...

Yeah, what's really cool is that's not what happened.

What are you taking about. "Conor will duck the rematch"

He would duck the rematch.

Can we put all this hate aside?

Realistically would have it been good if Conor won? I doubt he would have ever defended the belt.

Aldo punch was 13 seconds or something. Given Aldo's dominance he deserves the benefit of the doubt that was a fluke. AS got it with Weidman, heck Weidman did it twice and some people still think it was a fluke.

After Conor ducked Aldo rematch and seems allergic to title defenses, why would you blame anyone for assuming he would duck a rematch with a dangerous contender?

People are calling Khabib overrated anyway. Should prove their authenticity to you.

People are saying Khabib should move to 170 anyway. Should prove their authenticity to you. They are wrong. Khabib is going to be shorter than the dude he's fighting at 155 who used to be at 145 but they were going to say that either way. Funny thing is the reason people have started calling on champs to move up divisions every time they look good is Conor! Besides Jones you didn't use to have this "champ looked good this can't be his natural weight class" thing, that's on Conor.

People have not been unfair to Conor for his fights. Again in the aftermath of the Aldo fight, anyone who KO'd a longstanding champ is going to be called a fluke until they prove it again. If Jones gets KO'd I'm screaming fluke to the mountains but after that dude's only good fight has been against Eddie Alvarez. Conor could have stayed at 145 where he could have become a GOAT like Max did. Instead he wanted to go up to 155, where he's just not a top guy or a borderline top guy. That's on him.

And tbh Conor fans and Conor himself aren't innocent of provoking people's dislike, the first time I ever read Conor McGregors name it was Sherdoggers calling him the GOAT after two fights. Conor had a pretty toxic impact on the last few years of the sport especially for 145/155 fans, so if people give him a little less than a fair shake I mean it's understandable.

cool-story-bro-4.jpg

To call out the haters for their desperation

Of course, many of the Mods are Conor haters, so they went and dumped my thread. Bitches.
No your not.

You're trying to make up a situation where Conor looks like less of joke and then running with your imagined scenario...

It's both sad and weird

I always think the same when my parents never got me what i wanted for xmas

No your not.

You're trying to make up a situation where Conor looks like less of joke and then running with your imagined scenario...

It's both sad and weird

It's consistent with how they always behave... No matter who Conor beats, there's always an excuse laid out for why the win wasn't really that great. If he had beat Khabib, everything I mentioned would have been said by the folks on here and you know it

"Khabib had never beaten anyone good. Just Iaquinta to get the title. Conor ducked Tony! "

Back