Will Silva next fight be his last?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Co Main vs Jared Cannonier 12/5

Pretty sure this next one will be Anderson Silvas retirement fight, I can't remember but I'm sure i heard a soundbite not long after it was made saying so.
It's in Brazil so you'd imagine it would be the perfect way to go if he can get a win.

Will he even win this?

No

He has fights left on his contract and is set on completing the contract

Think he said he had 2 fights left after this one

Edit: Here is the article
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/4/...-ped-issues-taint-his-career-ufc-237-mma-news

“I think I have three or four more fights, I have to check my contract,” Silva said. “I intend to fight them all, I feel well. Much to the chagrin of some and joy of others, I intend to remain there, bugging them. Of course every fighter thinks about the title, but I already that whole title experience."

I think he's a good test for up and comers if he has 2 after this

That's not exactly a tremendous way for a top 5 all timer to leave on...but he's like 41 or 42 years old so a top 15 run is sort of pointless

I think he's a good test for up and comers if he has 2 after this

That's not exactly a tremendous way for a top 5 all timer to leave on...but he's like 41 or 42 years old so a top 15 run is sort of pointless
Aye, and for those of us who first got into mma partly because of Silva (and him being my first fav) it's at least dope to get to see him fight again, even if he cant win. As long as hes not getting liddell'd anyway

Basically what I mean is, war Silva

His last fight will be an absolute showcase fight, Cannonier is a tough one.

Oh cool. Didn't know he still had fights. Probably some cool match ups then

Aye, and for those of us who first got into mma partly because of Silva (and him being my first fav) it's at least dope to get to see him fight again, even if he cant win. As long as hes not getting liddell'd anyway

Basically what I mean is, war Silva
That's why i think he should fight up and comers...he's not going to wreck a kid's career and most young fighters don't have the experience to really be able to hurt Silva on the feet, and if he gets subbed that's oftentimes zero damage too

I just want to see him a couple more times...he's still solid, definitely not making a fool of himself

Probably. Cannonier will KO him, launching himself into title contention with a Fight vs Kelvin/Jacare/Yoel/Costa or Carlos Junior after he beats Heinisch.

Middleweight has never been deeper or more exciting.

Wish they would've given Anderson another legend tho, like Robbie Lawler.

Back