Which MMA fighters handle losing the best/worst? Best/worst Loser?

Eckhart Tolle

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
fedor.jpg

I think FEDOR has the best attitude, as he seems pretty much the same win or lose.

ronda.jpg

RONDA was not prepared mentally to lose, so when it happened she didn't know how to deal with it.

Poirier-Holloway-1-696x392.jpg

MAX the most gracious loser.

20161229104924_05_Johny_Hendricks.JPG
890726332.jpg.0.jpg

And JOHNY and LUKE blame everyone/thing but themselves for their losses.

Nick Diaz doesn't take losing very well.

Does crying in the octagon make you a bad loser?

Also, Forest ran out of the octagon after Anderson KO'd him.

And there was time that Paul Daley punched Kos after the bell out of frustration.

Holloway handled his big loss surprisingly well.

The worst has to be Ronda. She mentionned contemplating suicide after her losses an still can't talk about them to this day.

Nobody handles flatline KO’s quite like Reem. He’s a legit touch button restart.

No blue screen of death or anything.

Khabib…. because he is yet to taste defeat. Plus he celebrates winning with an eagle soar. :)

Marcus Davis was probably one of the worst. The dude legit ruined his own career with his obsession with Dan Hardy. He lost that fight only to completely overlook his fight with Saunders after and got slept hard. He made posts on social media saying that he can’t sleep at night or enjoy time with his family due to him thinking about Hardy constantly.

The only win he could muster for the rest of his career was against a Fabregé egg chinned Goulet, which took him 2 rounds to put away.

Last edited:
Nobody has handled losing worse than Ronda. She avoided all media after the loss. Went into complete shutdown mode for like a year. Then her comeback fight had the stipulation that she didn't have to do any press. And she handled that loss just as poorly and never talked about it. Just pathetic. She loved all the attention while she was on top but refused to even address her fans after the loss.

Griffin running out of the cage in embarrassment after the Silva loss was bad but he came around with a good sense of humor about it pretty quick:

I tried to punch him... I tried to punch him and he literally moved his head out of the way and looked at me like I was stupid for doing it.
He looked at me like... why would you do such a stupid thing?
He looked at me like oh did you really think you would hit me?
What a stupid thing to think you slow slow white boy.
And then he punched me.
And I felt embarassed for even trying to punch him.
I felt like some kid trying to wrestle with his dad

Khabib…. because he is yet to taste defeat. Plus he celebrates winning with an eagle soar. :)
Isn't Khabib currently suspended for how he handled his last victory?

I'm going to nominate Chael Sonnen for best loser. He gives fantastic and humble interviews when he takes a beating and does not make excuses.

Forgot about Tiki "I got a cut" Ghosn's after the Lawler fight...

Handles it the best: Overeem

Handles it the worst : Cormier

<DCrying>

This is the among the most hilarious moments in MMA for me. But Tiki wasn't trying to be a dick. He seemed genuinely confused and no doubt did not remember much of what had happened. Lawler just laughed it off.

This is why Robbie is the definition of awesome. He just almost killed Tiki, and Tiki brushes it off. Lawler just smiles. Watch that replay, it's hilarous Robbie follows him down and puts him out, then misses a punch and the ref dives to get him off and he lands one more punch as he's falling with the ref tackling him.

View attachment 572545

RONDA was not prepared mentally to lose, so when it happened she didn't know how to deal with it.
Ronda is just the worst sport in the history of MMA. She handled victory and defeat like an absolute jackass.
Spoiled asshole in victory
petulant child in defeat

And let's not forget this
Easily the best example of poor sportsmanship

Rampage is the GOAT of taking a loss. Even when he wins a questionable decision, he questions the judges.

Back