I've yet to see a bottle of Proper 12 in any of the stores where I live

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm not some Conor nut-hugger or anything, but I do like Irish whiskey and would buy a bottle of it if I saw it just to see what it's all about. I here it's making a lot of money, but I haven't seen it anywhere. I do live in Michigan though, so there's that :D Have any of you guys seen it where you live, or is it just me?

True story...

The local mom and pop liquor store doesn’t have it either. And they have all the top brands, and expensive specialty/novelty liquors.

Just sayin.

nothing good about it, cheap blend
no blend beats proper single malt

Someone gave me a bottle, it wasn't very good. Bushmills is my Irish whiskey of choice and it's far better than Proper 12. I asked the guys at the liquor store down the road if it sells and they said it's a pretty slow seller compared to Jameson and Bushmills.

I saw it some random strip mall liquor store in the middle of New York or Vermont or something. Haven't tried it though.

Never seen it anywhere either.

I would never drink Irish whiskey over scotch though so I'm happy about it.

Here's your info.

1-conor-proper-12-takeover.png

Crown Royal is a proper Rye Whiskey.

Someone brought a bottle to my family's Christmas gift exchange. I never asked where they got it. I ended up with some local whiskey instead, turned out to be pretty decent.

I'm not some Conor nut-hugger or anything, but I do like Irish whiskey and would buy a bottle of it if I saw it just to see what it's all about. I here it's making a lot of money, but I haven't seen it anywhere. I do live in Michigan though, so there's that :D Have any of you guys seen it where you live, or is it just me?

If you like irish whiskey DONT buy crap like Proper12. Its not even real whiskey regarding their production / ingridient specification. Its like being a hifi enthusiast and buying rubbish overpriced beatz headphones because of Jay-Z

I'm not some Conor nut-hugger or anything, but I do like Irish whiskey and would buy a bottle of it if I saw it just to see what it's all about.
Me too.

Im in the exact same spot. Conor is leaving a lot of money on the table.

Crown Royal is a proper Rye Whiskey.

someone gave a bottle of it to my father when i was a teenager, i've genuinely thought that it was a blend.

Yeah i see it in my local liquor store... giant eagle liquor agency has it at a few locations around me

I buy makers mark though. Cheap and great... still never tried proper 12

We need a sub forum for shit threads on McG, Schmo, Schaub, Goat, etc.

someone gave a bottle of it to my father when i was a teenager, i've genuinely thought that it was a blend.

It is a blended rye. It’s pretty popular in Canada. I was just surprised to see that map showing CR all over the US. Especially south where bourbon is associated with the area.

It's about avg. Irish whiskey. I've seen it around Wisconsin at stores.

But to ever think it's going to over take brands like Jameson or Bushmills is a very tall order to take on. But you don't need to, you can make a ton of money in the liquor business with just doing avg. sales. Look at Casa Amigos or Cabo Wabo Tequila. I personally feel Cabo Wabo is much better than Casa but overall both are about slightly above avg. quality tequila. But that didn't stop those brands from selling for crazy amounts of money.

I will say Whisky, Vodka, and Rum are the three hardest to make the biggest impact in, the shelf space is insanely overstocked with product.

Back