Jacare gets title shot with win THREAD on Saturday..

BrazilPitbullUS

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza has probably been a top 10 MW(generalization) for close to 10 years now. He's got wins over 3 ex UFC champions, all by finishes, 1 sub, 1 tko and 1 ko. He lost a split decision to Kelvin Gastelum, different judges any given day it could have been a win. Dominating Gegard Mousasi who is without a doubt in my mind the best MW not in the UFC right now. Of his 26 wins 22 have been by finshes, the guys resume really speaks for itself. He goes under the radar because he barely dpeaks english and he's a quiet guy in general, doesn't say much to the media in Brazil either. I do know that he had a torn pec muscle when he fought Robert Whitaker, something he never went to the media about, I noticed the day of the fight cause he had a clear dent in his pec muscle and I happened to coincidentally suffer the same rare injury around that time. You can fight with it, but you're whole arm and upper body is weak on that side and he did have the horrible sugery for it after the fight. I didn't even do it, it takes you out of commission for 6 to 9 months, my pec muscle will have a weird dent and part of the muscle torn for the rest of my life. Well I know Izzy and Whitaker is the next fight(rightfully)for the title, but Jacare is 39 with a win on saturday I say he waits and fights the winner of that fight or even gets a shot before if something happens.(injury, etc)I guess this is my dorky support Jacare thread, guy is 39 doesn't have much time left, he's paid his due's, who's with me?? Gonna put this HL of his career if anyone has any doubts if he deserves it or not.

I’m willing to bet big that Jacare will have to fight one more time between Hermansson and an undisputed title fight.

<{Heymansnicker}>
Not a chance. I'm a big fan of Jacare but he may have the worst timing in MMA. The middleweight belt Whittaker and Adesanya may not be unified until the end of this year. So I'm supposed to believe Jacare is gonna sit out until maybe Q1 of 2020 without the UFC trying to get the Romero fight to happen again?

Last edited:
I like Jacare, and I don't trust UFC promises related to title shots. However, contrary to most Jacare fans, I don't think he has much reason to complain about not having had a UFC title shot yet. He's lost every fight that would have earned him a TS so far. He needs to focus on winning this fight and not on promises of what happens after.

The state of the competition and he has never really caught on. I'm a big fan and I think he's one of the best, but he always seems to get the short end of the stick. Maybe with an injury. You're right, he's getting old, hope he gets a chance.

<{Heymansnicker}>
Not a chance. I'm a big fan of Jacare but he may have the worst timing in MMA
I agree with the comment that he's had bad luck with his timing, but I think his body of work including becoming the best BJJ athlete on the planet 10 years ago. Its a shame and unjust if this guy never even gets a shot.

Jacare Vs winner of Adesanya/Bobby K sounds good to me.

There's no way the UFC are risking a fight between Adesanya and Whittaker for Whittaker vs Jacare 2. We don't need to see that fight again anyway

I like Jacare, and I don't trust UFC promises related to title shots. However, contrary to most Jacare fans, I don't think he has much reason to complain about not having had a UFC title shot yet. He's lost every fight that would have earned him a TS so far. He needs to focus on winning this fight and not on promises of what happens after.
Will he did just KO ex champion Chris Weidman in a fight of the year contender and like I titled the thread he obviously needs to win saturday.

UFC brass definitely don't favour him.
IDK but I'd say 90% of the UFC revenue comes from the US market. Also, the non-MMA market that the UFC targets more thirstily than any other is the Pro-Wrestling WWE market.
If your image doesn't play well with that demographic, especially if you don't speak English, then you are going to the back of the queue.
It's a shame really because, in fighting talent alone, the guy should have been champ already. The MW belt has been held by many inferior fighters than Jacere.

There's no way the UFC are risking a fight between Adesanya and Whittaker for Whittaker vs Jacare 2. We don't need to see that fight again anyway
If the timing is right I think both fights can happen. Jacare with a win on saturday gets the winner of Izzy/Whitaker.

UFC brass definitely don't favour him.
IDK but I'd say 90% of the UFC revenue comes from the US market. Also, the biggest non-MMA market of that the UFC targets more thirstily than any other is the Pro-Wrestling WWE market.
If your image dosen't play well with that demographic, especially if you don't speak English, then you are going to the back of the queue.
it's a shame really because ion fighting talent alone the guy should have been champ. The MW belt has been held by many inferior fighters than Jacere.
I agree and that's why out of respect i'm hoping to get some fans on here behind him. If enough people ask for it we can help make it happen.

He looked great against wideman for being so old.

Hope he does and not holding my breath.

Dana has reneged on public announcements of a promise. Let alone a private promise.

Not holding my breath. Hope it happens.

Oh and didn’t Masvidal say the same thing? Is that more or less believable than a Jacare title shot promise?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back