MW's who I believe would beat Adesanya

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

134_Ronaldo_Souza_vs_Vitor_Belfort.0.0.jpg

890726332.jpg.0.jpg

robert-whittaker-rising-to-the-top-interview-melbourne-112416_613229_OpenGraphImage.jpg

Paulo-Costa-640x464.jpg

Chris-Weidman.jpg

Possibly some others as well.

Not a hater, you might disagree with which hypothetical matchups he can win, but I just dont understand how this guy is walking around with a 185 lb belt without having to go through ANY of these guys??

He got to a title shot with wins over Derek Brunson and a 29-28 decision over a 45 year old Anderson Silva.
<{vega}>

Costa and Weidman would lose i think. But agree with the others.

Always going to be that way.

If you made this thread a month ago, kelvin Gastelum would probably be listed in the OP.

Weidman, Costa, and possibly Rockhold would get lit up.

Israel has great TDD and subs off his back

Probably correct. Costa isn't proven yet though.

Yes, he's relatively unproven. It is known.

So was the guy he just beat. It is known....but denied by many, vehemently. But maybe not anymore.

If he loses to Whittaker as you and I think he will (but it's certainly not a fact yet, just 2 assholes with opinions), I'll be curious what his next 3 fights look like.

Always going to be that way.

If you made this thread a month ago, kelvin Gastelum would probably be listed in the OP.

Weidman, Costa, and possibly Rockhold would get lit up.

Israel has great TDD and subs off his back
And Kelvin came pretty damn close did he not?

Anyway, my point isn't so much whether he would beat them or not, but how the hell do you get a MW title without fighting even one of those guys?

I don't think Rocksalt, All-Natty, or Still My Boy would beat Adesanya

Yes, he's relatively unproven. It is known.

So was the guy he just beat. It is known....but denied by many, vehemently. But maybe not anymore.

If he loses to Whittaker as you and I think he will (but it's certainly not a fact yet, just 2 assholes with opinions), I'll be curious what his next 3 fights look like.
The funny thing is, I think he has a better chance at beating Whittaker than he does any of the other guys I listed. (I still think Whittaker wins)

And Kelvin came pretty damn close did he not?

Anyway, my point isn't so much whether he would beat them or not, but how the hell do you get a MW title without fighting even one of those guys?

The same way Conor gets a 155 title shot without fighting a single 155 fight in the UFC? Brock Lesnar gets fast tracked to the HW title etc. The UFC isn't a meritocracy, this isn't a new development.

I only pick Bobby Knuckles and Yolo Romero. Everyone else loses I think.

The same way Conor gets a 155 title shot without fighting a single 155 fight in the UFC? Brock Lesnar gets fast tracked to the HW title etc. The UFC isn't a meritocracy, this isn't a new development.
Ya that's what I was kinda getting at, but I dont really see why the UFC would even be invested in him so much.

With Conor and Brock it was obvious, two blond white dudes who talk shit. But Israel is black, and as hard as he tries he's not a great fight promoter or someone who is turning many casual heads.

Situational.

Jacare just lost. Weidman just lost. Luke just left the division. Romero is injured and/or off doing reality shows. Champ is injured. So two unproven, middle-top-ten guys got the interim. It's far from the craziest title shot decision we've seen.

I think Rockhold and Weidman would lose.

Ya that's what I was kinda getting at, but I dont really see why the UFC would even be invested in him so much.

With Conor and Brock it was obvious, two blond white dudes who talk shit. But Israel is black, and as hard as he tries he's not a great fight promoter or someone who is turning many casual heads.

You are trying to apply logic and reason to who gets a promotional push; there doesn't seem to be that much. Adesanya is a 17-0 striker who puts on relatively exciting fights.

Plus like the post above says there were a lot of circumstances that led to him getting a quick title shot.

So who has Costa beaten to prove he can handle Adesanya? His best win is a overbloated Hendricks. Must be the Beg Muzzles

I think he beat Costa but Branch could give him a tough fight

Back