if you dont want this fight and nothing else youre not a fight fan!

WA2OOO

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Tony vs khabib​

Real fight fans know this is the fight. i watched this promo and got rehype for it. theres nothing else that comes close to having such impact then this fight. tony is a monster and so is khabib. with petits besting wonderboy its only propelled tonys win that much more. this has streaks on the line...tonys beat the whos who and who ever he hasnt khabib has... and dont forget style makes fights.

This fight is fireworks.
give nate dustin and with the title hell have ppv points and make bank hell be more then happy.
conors gone .. or give him justin
al can toss it up with cowboy, or al or just wait sell houses and catch the next wave of fights

Totally want that fight but I’m definitely not holding my breath for it.

Totally want that fight but I’m definitely not holding my breath for it.
oh im not saying its happening but i think it should happen and i would assume almost all fans would want to see this over most fights that could be made in this division. lets be honest the ufc was pulling for max

Tbh honest after seeing boxing get their version of this fight several years overdue I really don't want it. The fight will always be greater as a hypothetical than the real thing. It's at a point now where people can just point to Tony's age or Khabib's distractions to excuse the outcome, this hype was from several years ago if these two square up in 2020(and that's when it would probably be) that isn't the fight we were asking for in all but name. I would still watch it but Floyd v Manny showed that bitching about not getting a fight for years can be better than actually getting the fight when the moment has passed.

Hey buddeh...

Were you under the impression that what you want matters? 2011 account but haven’t figured out the UFC yet. But hey, at least you’re a fight fan. See if that’ll even pay for a cup of coffee.

This thread has been made a 100 times just since October.

giphy.gif

Tbh honest after seeing boxing get their version of this fight several years overdue I really don't want it. The fight will always be greater as a hypothetical than the real thing. It's at a point now where people can just point to Tony's age or Khabib's distractions to excuse the outcome, this hype was from several years ago if these two square up in 2020(and that's when it would probably be) that isn't the fight we were asking for in all but name. I would still watch it but Floyd v Manny showed that bitching about not getting a fight for years can be better than actually getting the fight when the moment has passed.
I think you’re off on this one. 2020 is next is next year it’s not that far off. Has either of these guys started declining? I think they are still the top 2 guys in the division and it is definitely the fight that should determine the true champ.

this fight could be a dud.. but atleast it happens.. its gotta happen this year or some bullshits gonna happen a surgery or a loss

Hey buddeh...

Were you under the impression that what you want matters? 2011 account but haven’t figured out the UFC yet. But hey, at least you’re a fight fan. See if that’ll even pay for a cup of coffee.

giphy.gif

my bad bud should i make a usada thread?
youd hate to hear the fighters i cheer for

Hey buddeh...

giphy.gif

Thats somehow cute and scary at the same time

Baby sloth = Scute

If thats a sloth

So sad yet so true. I think they are both still in their prime atm tho. This needs to happen asap

Last edited:
The UFC is such a meat grinder that we rarely have to wait for big fights anymore.

Ferg has to take the tinfoil hat off his head if he has any inkling of making this fight...sad really...

Not really sure I'd take Ferguson over Dustin, at this point

Why had the moment passed, because Floyd blew him out just like he would have had the fight happened 4 years earlier when Floyd was even younger and faster?

Manny was just never the man to beat Floyd but everyone wanted to believe so bad that after watching him get shut down and outclassed in every way they had to have something to cling in too still and that thing was " if this fight had only happened a few years earlier...."

Tony vs khabib​

Real fight fans know this is the fight. i watched this promo and got rehype for it. theres nothing else that comes close to having such impact then this fight. tony is a monster and so is khabib. with petits besting wonderboy its only propelled tonys win that much more. this has streaks on the line...tonys beat the whos who and who ever he hasnt khabib has... and dont forget style makes fights.

This fight is fireworks.
give nate dustin and with the title hell have ppv points and make bank hell be more then happy.
conors gone .. or give him justin
al can toss it up with cowboy, or al or just wait sell houses and catch the next wave of fights

Agreed. Tony is the man to beat Khabib and he knows it. This would be an epic event. Not the lopsided beat down of poirer. Screw the interim. Book this fight now.....

Why had the moment passed, because Floyd blew him out just like he would have had the fight happened 4 years earlier when Floyd was even younger and faster?

Manny was just never the man to beat Floyd but everyone wanted to believe so bad that after watching him get shut down and outclassed in every way they had to have something to cling in too still and that thing was " if this fight had only happened a few years earlier...."

It was well known that Manny was past his prime by 2015. He had been KO'd by Marquez and the level of fighter he fought after that was noticeably lower. Between 2008 and the Marquez IV fight Manny had fought the best in the world and done incredible afterwards he went down in class and was clearly not as good. Floyd also had a habit of waiting as long as possible to fight the toughest fighters look at Mosley and Cotto who both gave Floyd more problems than Manny, a few years earlier they'd have been real threats. Canelo was the opposite end of the spectrum, just wasn't ready. Seemed like this was Floyd cashing in the blue balls check once the real risk of the fight was gone. Only time Floyd took a risk was against Oscar and there the reward was worth it given Floyd's status. People wanted to see Floyd v Manny cause of how Manny looked against Oscar and Margarito natural MW's. Those were big fights, after the Marquez loss people stopped caring about Manny fights, and the two fighter boxing calendar from 2008-2012 turned into a one fighter calendar from 2012-2015.

I think prime Cotto, prime Mosley or primer Bernard Hopkins would have had a better shot than prime Manny tbh. The outrage wasn't that Manny didn't win it's how Floyd fought. Floyd's sport that's made him a billionaire is dying and he had a platform with millions and millions more people watching than had ever watched a boxing fight who'd paid a shit ton of money to watch a fight. Instead of putting on a show he showed those people why boxing should stay dead. The fight with Conor was more entertaining if only because people didn't think they were paying for the fight of the century. Manny had no chance, knock him out then. It's the reason Dana was so pissed at AS against Maia except in boxing there was no one to tell Floyd off after that and the AS v Maia fight was far far less important to MMA than Floyd v Manny was to boxing.

If the fight never happens, I will be okay. The UFC has tried to make the fight several times now, and it failed. Both fighters are injury prone (when it comes to title fights), with too many outside the Octagon issues. Ferguson doesn't know how to train safely, and Nurmagomedov lets his religion get in the way. Therefore, the longer we wait the less likely the fight will happen.

Back