The #7 HW in the rankings takes 865,000 $.

milenss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
.. flat ... against a borderline top 10 fighter.
Where is the logic?
How much must the #1,2,3,4,5 take?

inbefore somebody says popularity.
Reem has been knocked out too many times to be a big star.

Overeem is one of the highest paid fighter in the UFC.

He's made about a million appearances in the UFC, one factor in the pay scale is length of service*

*allegedly.

Dana has a fondness for Alistair.

qLZy7vj.gif

People complained about Hendo making 800k+ a fight too and I have no idea why.

Overreem is a legit veteran. It’s virtually impossible to be more well seasoned and traveled than this man. He’s been a professional MMA fighter for over 20 years, held belts in multiple promotions, was a champion kick boxer in K-1, and was a super star. The man, like Hendo is paid appropriately, if not underpaid a bit.

Reem is a timeless legend in the combat sports world. It’s nice to see guys who have competed at such a high level for that long getting the pay they deserve for the wars and moments they’ve given us fans over many years. We don’t have many of the old guard left and we should be happy for them getting their fat purses. If Reem hasn’t paid his dues I’d really like anyone to tell me who has.

Last edited:
People complain when fighters DON'T get paid, then they complain when fighters DO get paid. WTF make up yo mind

Mark Hunt was paid around and more than 1 million dollars several times. I think it is about how many people pay to watch you and Hunt and Overeem has been around for a long time.

pretty sure it's been years since his pay was disclosed.

Where is the logic?

that's a lot of bones, but i don't think getting knocked out too many times makes you lose your drawing power (once you're already kinda established like the Reem).

He’s pretty popular and his fights are almost always entertaining.

Also you complained about his opponents rankings, but remember that was a last minute replacement

Overeem is one of the highest paid fighter in the UFC.

He’s second behind only Conor in all-time disclosed earnings. I have a feeling his contract means he doesn’t get PPV points, but still, good for Reem.

Where is the logic?

Contracts

Reem is a legend of the sport. He has fought the who is who.. I dont have the stadistics but Im pretty sure that he has to be up there in with the most fights against top 10 guys.

He has a pretty large fanbase and his resume is awesome. Stop hating.

Contracts don't change fight-by-fight
He obviously negotiated that contract when he went on a run.

Only on sherdog do people complain that the fighters don't make enough money, but then complain at the fighters who make a lot of money

Back