10 years later: Who is the better fighter Shogun vs Machida

Vote

• Total voters
Pretty even actually... hard to make a choice between them imo.

<Fedor23>

shogun-rua.jpg

You mean currently or all time?
Machida currently clearly. All time is very close. I'd have to say Shogun.

I'm biased but Shogun. iMO won both fights against Machida while Machida was in his prime and Shogun was not.

I also think his pride run was better than the accomplishments Machida acquired in the ufc.

Shogun had a better career. And KO Machida, and i say beat him by points and damage in the 1st fight. But somehow the judges and machida fans think damage and leg kicks dont count. Despite the severe bruises on machida and blood on his face.

I was always nervous of a 3rd fight after Shogun had his knee destroyed a 3rd time. I felt Machida would of won a rubber match just by being more mobile and shogun losing fulll mobility and speed. But now i think Shogun would win, because Machida has gone down.

Think Machida's top 5 to top 10 of all time IMO. AS did say Machida's better than him and I believe that. Also think Shogun's better than AS but Machida's the best of the three.

Remember recently Machida was outstruck in a stand-up battle by Erik bloody Andyrs.
Machida was supposed to be this legandary karate man, training since he was 3 years old, then along comes a bruiser like Andyrs who was training about 3 years.
I don't think size was a factor since Lyoto always fought at LHw and has faced much bigger dudes.
Sadly for both Lyoto and Shogun the game moved on and they were left behind.

Prime,Shogun was the better fighter imo.

But would take Machida's career overall.

(REALLY fckng close tho)

Shogun is a legend. And his resume stands out and above Machida's IMO. Respect to the dragon tho, he was a beast when Shogun put him to sleep. Stopped the Machida era real quick. Time seems to have favored Machida more, but he's not wading into wars like Shogun either so good for him.

Shogun everyday, his achievements in pride were unreal

Shogun has to be the only fighter that people claim was past his prime at 27 years old lol

Remember recently Machida was outstruck in a stand-up battle by Erik bloody Andyrs.
Machida was supposed to be this legandary karate man, training since he was 3 years old, then along comes a bruiser like Andyrs who was training about 3 years.
I don't think size was a factor since Lyoto always fought at LHw and has faced much bigger dudes.
Sadly for both Lyoto and Shogun the game moved on and they were left behind.

Was he though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back