Rumored Aliakbari Finalizing UFC Contract

MilesAbove

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Sounds like the Iranian wrestler and his dope intro song may be making his way to the Octagon soon.
He's still raw in the striking game, but the wrestling is surely there. Plus the heavyweight division surely needs talent. The only reason I can remember it taking so long is due to Visa issues, but UFC doesn't exactly have to bring him to the states if any issues arise again.

So how do y'all think Akbari will do in the current HW landscape?

He's a scary dude, but might be a little small to be a threat to the bigger hws.

Also looking forward to his inevitable matchup with USADA, dude was banned for life from wrestling for doping.

He's a scary dude, but might be a little small to be a threat to the bigger hws.

Also looking forward to his inevitable matchup with USADA, dude was banned for life from wrestling for doping.

lol, what? He's 6'4" and 260ish, he is one of the bigger HWs.

Didn't Cro Cop destroy him recently?

Where did you get 6'4? Looked small next to crocop.

I googled his name. He's clearly a few inches taller than Cro Cop who's 6'2"

hqdefault.jpg

Where did you get 6'4? Looked small next to crocop.
He's 6'3 262 lbs. He was 30 lbs heavier than Cro Cop; he weighed in at 256 that fight and Cro Cop weighed 233.

Cro Cop has put on some weight as he's gotten older -- was like 215 lbs in his prime -- and he has a pretty small frame.. so that 230 lbs look huge on him. He's kind of like Kongo; not actually that big but he looks way more fucking jacked than he is.

nice sauce dude
Sorry, you wanted me to say "a source speaking in background" or something?

Don't get me wrong. It could fall through like it did the first time due to visa issues or some such. But I'm just reporting what I'm being told.

Sounds like the Iranian wrestler and his dope intro song may be making his way to the Octagon soon.
He's still raw in the striking game, but the wrestling is surely there. Plus the heavyweight division surely needs talent. The only reason I can remember it taking so long is due to Visa issues, but UFC doesn't exactly have to bring him to the states if any issues arise again.

So how do y'all think Akbari will do in the current HW landscape?

Herb Dean was on Joe Rogan recently. It's embarrassing how little Rogan actually knows about MMA.

Herb Dean was talking about ACA, and Rogan had no idea what it was. Herb also brought up Aliakbari, and Joe Rogan had never even heard of him.

He sure did.

KindheartedAgileAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif
That was 2017, a roided Cop (love him but let's be real), and after Aliakbari fought a full fight earlier in the night, while Crocop got an "odd" win over Baruto via knee to the giant belly. So let's take it with a grain of salt ;)

Didn't Cro Cop destroy him recently?
Aliakbari had to fight an extremely game Modavsky earlier that night for 15 minutes.

Crocop had a 30 second fight against a tub of lard.

Herb Dean was on Joe Rogan recently. It's embarrassing how little Rogan actually knows about MMA.

Herb Dean was talking about ACA, and Rogan had no idea what it was. Herb also brought up Aliakbari, and Joe Rogan had never even heard of him.
Joe has definitely heard of him before because he talked about him on his podcast before (or a fight companion). But Joe talks a lot and knows a lot of people. So it's fair if he didn't recall him off the top of his head.

He could definitely beat some guys in the top 10. For example guys like Lewis and Volkov wouldnt be able to stop his takedowns or stop him from GnPing them to stoppages IMO. Only question is can this guy pass a USADA test...

That was 2017, a roided Cop (love him but let's be real), and after Aliakbari fought a full fight earlier in the night, while Crocop got an "odd" win over Baruto via knee to the giant belly. So let's take it with a grain of salt ;)

Well, since Cro Cop is the reason I became an MMA fan (I wrote that already a couple of times) I'm a little bit biased here. I admit it.

Well I don't think crocops a legit 6'2.

Could be wrong though, it happens.

Cro Cop is a legit 6'2 or at least was(you can lose some height from weight training though normally less than an inch) just watch his fights with guys who are 6'3 or 6"4.

Last edited:
Back