Horiguchi vs Cejudo?

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Kyoji Horiguchi has looked amazing ever since his loss to Demetrius years ago.

Does he take the crown from Cejudo if UFC resigns him?

What you say sherbros?

I wish him and DJ make it back here...

But i dont think because of how they were treated they will sign again..the market and audience and respect level is much higher in asian...

That said i think cejudo might win a decision becuase of the wrestling pedrigee he has, but horiguchi can definetly stop him...with strikes or counter subs like he did caldwell

I also believe DJ beats both again..and DJ never lost to Cejudo..the judging on that fight was criminal..

i think hes in their 135 division though

If UFC had the balls they'd send Cejudo (with his medals) to japan for a champion vs champion match.

I'll admit I haven't really cared to watch Cejudo fight but Gucci seems legit.

Massive wrestling advantage for Cejudo, but i can see Horiguchis stand up and speed giving cejudo a lot of problems. Would be a phenomenal fight.

Massive wrestling advantage for Cejudo, but i can see Horiguchis stand up and speed giving cejudo a lot of problems. Would be a phenomenal fight.

Those angles horiguchi uses , especially off his low kicks are beautiful and are sneaky cejudo hasnt fought someone like that before..i think cejudo would take a decision..but if the fight get stopped Kyoji will be the one victorious

Even putting my massive Horiguchi nuthugging aside I really like chances against Cejudo. I think he's the better striker and has the speed and footwork to give Cejudo fits. I think he's harder to take down in the cage than a ring, too.

I enjoy when fighters put it all together post UFC-tenure. UFC cant unilaterally claim to have all the best fighters anymore. Most, but not all. I'd pick Cejudo but that's not an easy fight for Henry or anything

Tbh, I'd have Horiguchi, he looks class and did look class in defeat against DJ, his striking is legit quick and quite powerful for a FlW

i think horiguchi is 1 of the 3 best flyweights in the world right now (the other 2 obviously being cejudo and MM) and i think all 3 of them can beat eachother on any given night.

fuckin love horiguchi, wish he was still here. glad to see him getting some love in here too.

I might give Guchi the edge if they were competing in Japan, in a ring. In that environment he's gonna be the favorite over most guys his own size.

Doubt Guch comes back to the UFC. He's winning in Rizin and I imagine they're paying him pretty well.

I don't think DJ will ever sign again. BW and FW belongs to the asian audience anyways. Until probably UFC has enough talents in those division, the smaller guys will have better treatment and pay in Asia. Even boxing.

I’m happy horiguchi isn’t with the ufc any more. They were paying him shit and always use the same promo videos to promote him. He tested himself in the ufc to prove he is legit. Now he can fight in his own country for easy money.

Would be interesting. Cejudo would probably be able to lay on him for 5 rounds. He would have to be careful on the feet, because Gucci is no doubt better than him standing and has a ton of power.

Kyoji Horiguchi has looked amazing ever since his loss to Demetrius years ago.

Does he take the crown from Cejudo if UFC resigns him?

What you say sherbros?

personally, i'd prefer to see horiguchi rematch dj. a champion v champion co-promotion between rizin and one championship (assuming dj wins the one championship tournament and flyweight title).

Back