Woodley and Askren will break up

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
We all know Woodley was never Dana's friend.
Tyron has turned down fights, pushed for super fights Dana didn't agree with, has had a few snoozers the likes of which hadn't been seen since GSP, plus he's what Mike Perry would call a n****. You do the math.

If Askren wins a fight or two more, Dana could easily offer him a title shot and drive a wedge between him and Woodley. Tyron wants the title back, but Dana could easily deny him. I just don't see Askren refusing a title shot against Marty or Colby.

With Dana in no hurry to give Tyron a shot, and Funky now deep in Dana's good book, the stage is set for a falling out between Tyron and Askren.

130_Ben_Askren_and_Dana_White.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

We need an actual MMA soap opera. I feel it would get great ratings.

Tyron has turned down fights, pushed for super fights Dana didn't agree with, has had a few snoozers the likes of which hadn't been seen since GSP, plus he's what Mike Perry would call a n****. You do the math.

If Askren wins a fight or two more, Dana could easily offer him a title shot and drive a wedge between him and Woodley. Tyron wants the title back, but Dana could easily deny him. I just don't see Askren refusing a title shot against Marty or Colby.

With Dana in no hurry to give Tyron a shot, and Funky now deep in Dana's good book, the stage is set for a falling out between Tyron and Askren.

maxresdefault.jpg

so what fight did woodley turn down. what super fight he want that dana didnt?

So like Rashad vs. Jones? That would be a great PPV selling point tbh.

maxresdefault.jpg
Roufus boys are loyal. This aint like Jackson's where everyones backstabbing each other.

Ben won't fight Tyron, and neither of one of them give a fuck what Dana wants. Just another op to tell him to kick rocks

The fact that #1 ranked Woodley is facing #10 ranked Robbie shows Dana's plan for Woodley. At the big ole presser an interviewer asked Dana why he opted for Tyron vs Robbie 2 instead of the Robbie/Askren rematch that he said he was going to make initially and he was a bit flustered then he answered "I forget" something along those lines.

He told reporters that having Masdival fight Leon makes no sense because of the rankings and he deserves a higher rank guy over Leon but the guy who defended the belt several times deserves number 10?

I think having him fight Lawler is a win/win for the UFC because if Robbie wins let's be honest Woodley's title quest will be finished he's not getting any younger.
Woodley wins so what? number 10 ranked guy that you already flatlined most likely can't beat him as easy as the first go around and Robbie would be 2-4 in his last 6 bouts which would be mentioned to discredit the win while Mas/Ben winner can easily face the Usman/Colby winner which can cause the rift TS mentioned.

I think T-Wood needs 3 wins to get a titleshot back and I can't see him winning 3 bouts in a row especially after that Usman bout.

Woodley and Askren have been close for a long time. I doubt this very much.

Nah, they are great friends and Askren in his wrestling coach. I don't think Woodley has long left, he is getting old now, he might go to MW soon and have a few fights there and then call it a day I say. He has so many other projects in the pipe line lined up now,

So Woodley will bow out of the title picture if Askren becomes champ?
Yes. Woodley is realistic about his shape, that he is not as good as couple years ago.
And if Askren gets title by some miracle, which would be fun, he wont be able to hold it cause he is getting old. And Woodley will have a title chance, but doubt he really wants it.

If there is one thing good I will assume about Wood is that he's loyal to his friends, and I don't think he'd do that

maxresdefault.jpg
What GSP fights were snoozers?

Back