Why is this still happening in 2019, UFC?

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
32718758677_82187c7151_h.jpg

I'm confused by the flag shown for Contender #8.

They used to do this with so many fighters to artificially make the UFC seem much larger and more international than it was. It was always stupid, but now it's quite unnecessary. The organization, and the sport at large, is now substantially international.

For example, if you go back to his earliest UFC when they would flash rankings screens like this, or for the Tale of the Tape, they would show the Croatian flag for Stipe Miocic. Stipe was born, raised, and trains in Ohio. Notice how they fixed that.

This is so disrespectful. I can't believe Cain allows it. Does he not value his citizenship?

I'm more confused why #8 is #8

True.....but I wont lie, Brock repping Canada made me pretty happy

20-scoopnest.com_.jpg

That seriously cracks me up. Not much more to say.

Yup, that’s dumb.

This thread deserves to go to the wasteland

Cain Velasquez has almost the same amount of fights as Francis Ngannou. That really shows how inactive Cain has been in his career.

Real answer: latin americans are generally proud of their heritage

It's as simple as that. He's not insulting us.

Guess UFC hasn't realized that Mexican Cain < sea-level Cain.

32718758677_82187c7151_h.jpg

I'm confused by the flag shown for Contender #8.

They used to do this with so many fighters to artificially make the UFC seem much larger and more international than it was. It was always stupid, but now it's quite unnecessary. The organization, and the sport at large, is now quite international.

For example, if you go back to his earliest UFC when they would flash rankings screens like this, or for the Tale of the Tape, they would show the Croatian flag for Stipe Miocic. Stipe was born, raised, and trains in Ohio. Notice how they fixed that.

This is so disrespectful. I can't believe Cain allows it. Does he not value his citizenship?

I like to think that if I were in the UFC, I would adopt a fake Russian accent, grow a huge beard and walk to the cage holding a bottle of Stoli and a Russian flag. After all, my great grandparents did live there until the age of 9 or 10.

The fighter picks the flag

We have been through this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back