Rogan’s choices of words!

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What are some of the lamest vocabulary used by Joe? Let me start, elusive about Machida? That word is used when someone can’t be seen and usually describes a serial killer or a vicious animal eluding capture. What’s your take on his choice of words?

Speaking of Machida, I remember a poster made a comment that He could not even show up for his fight and win a decision, for his elusiveness. lol!

This was before he got a few KO's.

Nothing wrong with using elusive in the context of a fighter that's good at getting out of the way.

High level problem solving

With DIRE physical consequences is my fave

Speaking of Machida, I remember a poster made a comment that He could not even show up for his fight and win a decision, for his elusiveness. lol!

This was before he got a few KO's.
Who is the chick in your av?

Who is the chick in your av?
Cheryl cole
tumblr_m7ytewtlBW1rt3xl1o1_500.gif

overanalyzing Rogan's lexicon and identifying parts of it as 'lame'?

slow news day? lol

I have never watched a complete JRE show and even mute him during interesting fights. But his way of story telling attracts a lot of people. Most of them hate more professional commentators like Anik.

I thought for years that it was just fans who wanted to hear more about MMA and have "proof" for their opinions. But in the recent years I had girls saying quotes from JRE to me who did not even know I follow MMA or have any interest in MMA.

Lately all we seem to be getting is the same lame phrases over and over. I’m a Rogan fan, but soon the UFC could replace him with a meme soundboard of himself if he keeps it up.

The Ric Flair “Wooooooooo” soundbite everytime someone whiffs a hard strike or lands one half way decently.

“He’s hurt!!!” Everytime a solid strike lands.

“He stung him!” See “He’s hurt”.

Using Robin Black’s corny ass “Bink” and “Boop” phrases of autism during slow mo replays with strikes landing.

"That's tight!" Literally any submission from any position that's attempted.

“Stop the fight” or “its over” Everytime a fighter gets dropped more than once in a round or is clearly hurt but has his head in it enough to try to survive and defend himself.

Last edited:
My favorite was "what an unfortunate design by mother nature" after a groin strike. I believe it was Melvin Guillard on the the receiving end.

lol’d when Rogan stumbled his way through some heat-of-the-moment praise for Che Mills, who had just won a UFC fight

WE... HAVE JUST SEEN... A NEW...

What are some of the lamest vocabulary used by Joe? Let me start, elusive about Machida? That word is used when someone can’t be seen and usually describes a serial killer or a vicious animal eluding capture. What’s your take on his choice of words?
Elusive: difficult to find, catch or achieve. Machida is hard to catch, ergo the choice of word was correct. I understand what you mean though, Rogan can be insufferable.

Lately all we seem to be getting is the same lame phrases over and over. I’m a Rogan fan, but soon the UFC could replace him with a meme soundboard of himself if he keeps it up.

The Ric Flair “Wooooooooo” soundbite everytime someone whiffs a hard strike or lands one half way decently.

“He’s hurt!!!” Everytime a solid strike lands.

“He stung him!” See “He’s hurt”.

Using Robin Black’s corny ass “Bink” and “Boop” phrases of autism during slow mo replays with strikes landing.

"That's tight!" Literally any submission from any position that's attempted.
Plus he favors some fighters to the point off being impregnated by them as in the case of Francis Ngannou. Though, Stipe did shut him up big times!!! That was hilarious and priceless!

"Ooooooh"

Every time someone whiffs a haymaker.

Anik's "Nothing doing there" is almost as annoying.

Bring back Goldie with "a swing and a miss"

This thread sucks. War Joe Rogan.
<45>Oh come on now, sometimes he is unbearable with his squeaky voice sounding like a chicken laying eggs, “He is rocked! He is rocked!” That’s just so cringe dude!

Rogan didn't say it, but I believe Schaub has said many times on the Joe Rogan Podcast, "That guy has a GREAT cock!"

iu

Elusive: difficult to find, catch or achieve. Machida is hard to catch, ergo the choice of word was correct. I understand what you mean though, Rogan can be insufferable.
Crafty or hard to hit or even evasive!

I feel that he overuses "athletic and explosive". I'm a big fan of Rogan's work but I've seen him use it in situations that simply don't warrant it. I can't really complain though -- he doesn't always bring his A game but it's a tough gig.

Back