Is Jacare's UFC run really any good?

ApplesVild

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Coming off a good win over Wideman, but Wideman has been on a slump and has seen his best days and is getting knocked out left right and centre lately.

Before that he's kind of win one lose one and some of those owns aren't over great guys. Before Wideman who was his best win in the past few years, Brunson? Maybe Moose but that was like 5 years ago... Lost to Gas, Yoel and Whittaker. Says to me he's very good but no longer great.

Some of those loses where very close and he was always competitive but a close competitive loss is still a loss

He might be too much too soon for Hermansion, but he might also get out struck and his win one lose one streak may continue.

Interesting you leave out his seven fights/wins with Chris Camozzi.

Biased analysis bro.

Jacare is out of his prime IMO.
He still wins because he is a top fighter but you can see (comparing with SF last years / UFC first fights) he has slowed down a lot and his explosiveness is not the same.

Only 3 losses, Whitaker and two close ones to Yoel and gastelum, in probably a dozen or so ufc fights?

Yeah I would say it’s pretty good

His win over Mousasi was pretty fuckin impressive. Nobody beats Moose like that.

Unfortunately that's probably gonna go down as his best win. His run as SF champ was pretty dope too he fought some good guys.

We know he’s very good. Whooped on Mousasi. Long history of being good.

He has had a lot of unlucky breaks in his UFC career. Something like 4 last minute opponent drop outs with lesser last minute opponents. He takes care of business, but they are lesser tier.

So no. His opponent list isn’t spectacular, no fault to anything he did. That’s the answer you were hoping for, and it’s the answer I give you.

Which is why intelligent fans need to dig just a little deeper to understand how good he is, instead of just going by win/loss columns.

Jacaré fought who UFC put in front of him. He tried to fight the best, but UFC keeps putting fighters who don't deserve to fight Jacaré, they are not on the same level. Would Jacaré have to stop fighting because of that, like Paulo Costa did and now he is in the refrigerator? No. Jacaré is absolutely right. The fault is on UFC and no one else, they choose who they want as a champion or contender based on their personal marketing. Being only a good fighter doesn't count, you need to (have a good look OR be marketable) AND a good fighter. Jacaré is only a good fighter, so...

Last edited:
His best win is Mousasi and that was years ago

So make of that what you will

So losing to the top-3 guys in your division (2/3 were very close) means you're overrated and not great. <45>

IMO Jacare is in a similar situation to John Lineker where a LOT of people pull-out against them so they end up fighting low-ranking replacements and never gaining momentum.

So losing to the top-3 guys in your division (2/3 were very close) means you're overrated and not great. <45>

IMO Jacare is in a similar situation to John Lineker where a LOT of people pull-out against them so they end up fighting low-ranking replacements and never gaining momentum.

I'm saying he lost to all the great guys he did get fights with in the past few years. With the exception of Wideman... He's had opportunities to gain momentum but he lost ehever he got those opportunities..

Hist streak was great but the way people acted like he was more deserving of a title shot than any other fighter in the history of the sport was kind of ridiculous. Way more people demanded he get a TS than they did for Romero.

His win over Mousasi was pretty fuckin impressive. Nobody beats Moose like that.

Unfortunately that's probably gonna go down as his best win. His run as SF champ was pretty dope too he fought some good guys.

Yesssssssss, lets relive that again...

soulfulradiantgypsymoth.gif

He still wins because he is a top fighter but you can see (comparing with SF last years / UFC first fights) he has slowed down a lot and his explosiveness is not the same.
Yeah I think he has been out of his prime for like 3 or 4 years now. Still a great fighter and I'll always root for him

This is what I tend to believe -- even in his impressive KO against Bronson, he looked a bit slow in his reflexes and lacked the movement he had in earlier fights. I still think he's good enough to compete with virtually anyone in the division, but definitely not quite what he used to be.

Coming off a good win over Wideman, but Wideman has been on a slump and has seen his best days and is getting knocked out left right and centre lately.

What are you talking about? Weidman looked sharp in that fight.

Are you trying to spell everything wrong?No offense if English isn't your first language but you spelled everyone's name wrong.Feels like you're trying to get replies just on spelling everything wrong.

Jacare is awesome,but I think he looked mediocre vs Weidman and was getting beat up iirc.Him and Kelvin looked like trash compared to what I expected,both gassed,throwing stupid crazy looping punches,he just looked old and done but has heart for days.

Overall he's had a great career UFC wise,he's been contender level the whole time.I know it's Sherdog so a lot of members think you have to be the greatest to have a great UFC career lol but Jacare has been exceptional.I think he's absolutely passed his prime but he's still a top'ish guy cause he's just that good.I think it's downhill from here vs top guys which Jack isn't but I think that fights 50/50 or 60/40 Jacare because Jack is wild and dumb/crazy/confident enough to have a grappling match with Jacare and I think it could be his downfall and his wrestling is sloppy.Jacare should win that but I have little faith.Anyway you cut it Jacare has had a great UFC career.

What are you talking about? Weidman looked sharp in that fight.

He did but most around here talk more about fights,study fight finder and statistics more than they actually watch fights.

Back