Overeem 's resume

It's amazing tbh, but people will still shit on him for his KO losses. The fact he's managed to amount a record like that with a poor jaw speaks volumes.

It's a fine resume, but it doesn't hold a candle to artems

If he had ever captured even an interim belt his resume would be unimpeachable

It's amazing tbh, but people will still shit on him for his KO losses. The fact he's managed to amount a record like that with a poor jaw speaks volumes.

Two fighters I would name for the greatest career longevity and undying desire to compete (and continuing success at doing so):

Hendo
Reem

Two fighters I would name for the greatest career longevity and undying desire to compete (and continuing success at doing so):

Hendo
Reem
Agreed and when you consider Hendo had a jaw of steel late into his career and Reem was being knocked dead in Pride, it shows the guys skills are unappreciated on here.

I hope he strings some W's together and gets a titleshot. Would be a nice crown to his career.
War Overeem!dade672a-63fc-11e9-a27a-02d1dbdc35d1.jpg

Last edited:
Overeem has beaten some all-time greats in kickboxing as an MMA guy as well, true legend and the sport's most long-lived high-level veteran.

Frankly, I don't think we'll ever see a resume as strong as Overeem's again, because fighters simply don't rack up 80+ bouts like him anymore.

For example, people often bag on Overeem because he's had a good number of KO and TKO losses -- but how many more times do you think, say, Cain Velasquez would have been caught by now, if he had 80+ fights on his record instead of just 17?

Last edited:
Maybe we can get Overeem vs Cain.. Years in the making you know what I'm sayin

Love the Reem. GOAT longevity in MMA.

No doubt, Overeem has been and is a top tier fighter.

Anyone who straight up shits on Reem is a fucking sped

Crazy to think how long some of these heavyweights have been in the game.

the brett rogers win was relevant at the time. cant exclude that. i think rogers was ranked 5-7 in the sherdog hw rankings at the time. just coming off of the fedor loss where he put on a good performance and gave fedor some issues

edit - and how did i forget igor. shame on this dude for not mentioning igor. what a dope

Overeem has beaten some all-time greats in kickboxing as an MMA guy as well, true legend and the sport's most long-lived high-level veteran.

Frankly, I don't think we'll ever see a resume as strong as Overeem's again, because fighters simply don't rack up 80+ bouts like him anymore.

80+ fights and still lucid. It'll be good if he transitions to training fighters when he retires.

Back