After Makhachev-Tsarukyan, there's only one fight to make

TapMachine

Pretty Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Islam Makhachev vs Gregor Gillespie.

<Aug3>

Book it, goof. It would be a dynamic, high-level MMA grappling match.

Completely agree, would like Armin to fight a quality non-ranked guy such as Joe Duffy or someone like that,or a fw fight vs Choi, perfect match for him

Disagree, Gillespie should get a top 10 opponent so we know where he truly stands.

Gillespie will smash your boy.
Smash? The best he could hope for is outgrappling Islam. If anyone is getting actually smashed, it's the smaller, physically weaker Gillespie, especially on the feet.

Disagree, Gillespie should get a top 10 opponent so we know where he truly stands.
If Gillespie beats Islam, he sets up the narrative for a match against Khabib, which might be more valuable to Gregor than beating a top 10 opponent if Gregor aims for the belt.

If Gillespie beats Islam, he sets up the narrative for a match against Khabib, which might be more valuable to Gregor than beating a top 10 opponent if Gregor aims for the belt.
I agree with you
But... no way in hell Islam and khabib fight each other.
They are brothers from different mothers
They fight for each other not against them.

Islam would maul Gillespie
Islam is a fucking huge lightweight

upload_2019-4-21_7-20-3.jpeg

I thought Tsarukyan won tbh. Great fight, either guy is a problem at LW.

Hell yeah -- I've been campaigning for this fight since Gillespie defeated Pichel. That would be such an awesome fight full of scrambles. Gillespie has some heavy hands that he hasn't really had to use in a while. I'd love that fight.

Idk about mma but Gregor destroys Islam in a grappling match

I agree with you
But... no way in hell Islam and khabib fight each other.
They are brothers from different mothers
They fight for each other not against them.

Islam would maul Gillespie
Islam is a fucking huge lightweight

View attachment 569991
I don't feel that it's unfair to predict that Islam defeats Gregor. There's evidence to suggest that he can overcome adversity in fights and is perhaps a bit more well rounded, but I don't feel that there is evidence to suggest that he mauls Gregor. Gillespie has phenomenal wrestling accolades and although he hasn't had to use his hands in a while, he packs a wallop. I get the size comparison, but I don't feel the size differential is quite enough to justify such a large margin of a prediction. I'm curious of your reasoning though -- I'm very high on Islam and Gregor. Any particular reasons why you are so confident of Islam over Gregor?

wjk2gCx_NzU.jpg

Great fight. Islam has some of the best TDD in the UFC and is way bigger than Gregor. Would be very entertaining.

This is a damn solid match. Is Gregor booked to fight anyone in the near future? If not, and Islam's ready, let's see this in the summer!

Smash? The best he could hope for is outgrappling Islam. If anyone is getting actually smashed, it's the smaller, physically weaker Gillespie, especially on the feet.

I'm not saying Gregor would beat Islam, I actually think Islam is great and that would be a good fight but, you know Gregor has multiple finishes in the UFC right?

in 7 fights Islam has 3 decision wins and 1 KO loss. Gregor is 6-0 with 5 finishes. The notion that Gregor is just some lay and pray artist is nonsense.

I'm not saying Gregor would beat Islam, I actually think Islam is great and that would be a good fight but, you know Gregor has multiple finishes in the UFC right?

in 7 fights Islam has 3 decision wins and 1 KO loss. Gregor is 6-0 with 5 finishes. The notion that Gregor is just some lay and pray artist is nonsense.

Yes, but it's relatively "easy" to look good against and finish low level opponents. Islam might not be ranked high, since everyone and their dog is ducking him, but Gregor has never fought anyone with Islam's level of grappling in MMA. Islam is also bigger and stronger. An implication that Gregor's ability to finish low level guys will translate into an ability to finish actual solid competition is baseless... for now.

Yes, but it's relatively "easy" to look good against and finish low level opponents. Islam might not be ranked high, since everyone and their dog is ducking him, but Gregor has never fought anyone with Islam's level of grappling in MMA. Islam is also bigger and stronger. An implication that Gregor's ability to finish low level guys will translate into an ability to finish actual solid competition is baseless... for now.

Islam hasn't beat many "solid" fighters himself. Nor has he ever fought anyone in the UFC that has wrestling on the same level of Gregor.

Shitting on Gregor for fighting low level opponents but praising Islam when he has basically done the same himself (Lentz or Kajan Johnson are his best wins) is nonsense.

They both need a step up, facing each other would be a good scrap, but lol @ saying that Gregor can't finish when he has a high % of finishes in his UFC fights.

Back