Makhachev remains the only fighter in UFC history to absorb fewer than 1 significant strike per min

Dagestani striking looks awkward but they are very difficult to hit cleanly.

That sounds impressive on paper but he’s been KTFO lol no wonder he holds on for dear life.

Pretty impressive. Khabib #2?

Actually Khabib has gotten hit before. He took the shots well. I'll never forget MJ snapping his head back though.

To be honest, I don't like these weird newly made up stats. Let's just enjoy the fights. The match was really good yesterday but I thought Islam's wrist control is new in MMA. I never seen it done this aggressively in MMA.

Actually Khabib has gotten hit before. He took the shots well. I'll never forget MJ snapping his head back though.
Khabib has never been hurt in the UFC, MJ did not hurt him. Stop listening to Rogaine and start actually watching the fights.

To be honest, I don't like these weird newly made up stats. Let's just enjoy the fights. The match was really good yesterday but I thought Islam's wrist control is new in MMA. I never seen it done this aggressively in MMA.

I love how the existence of stats somehow ruins your enjoyment of fights

Great stuff

I love how the existence of stats somehow ruins your enjoyment of fights

Great stuff
It's just arbitrary stats that gained a lot of popularity lately.
Nvm you are right. Stats like this are super important. Alistair Overeem, who already ranked 1st in UFC history in significant striking accuracy rate, connected on 87.9% of the significant strikes he attempted against Alexey Oleinik

It's just arbitrary stats that gained a lot of popularity lately.
Nvm you are right. Stats like this are super important. Alistair Overeem, who already ranked 1st in UFC history in significant striking accuracy rate, connected on 87.9% of the significant strikes he attempted against Alexey Oleinik

i wonder

if someone never counted them

would the stats still exist?

there must be all kinds of stats out there that exist uncounted in a hypothetical realm

id guess that 96% of all statistical information is never knowingly counted

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I guess he is also married to a tent. Another snitch...

You'll never forget something that never happened?

Not that impressive considering he's a grappler, can't absorb many strikes if you're on top of your opponent.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I guess he is also married to a tent. Another snitch...
That was early stoppage. Referee overreacted. I was wrong about saying that Islam has been KO'd in the first round. That was only a knock down. The referee made a huge mistake.

he also doesn't fight anyone good.

You can tell that someone has no clue whatsoever about striking or MMA if they bring up Islam's one KO loss as evidence of him having a "glass chin" or shit defense.

EVERYONE gets caught one time or another. Some people just get caught against lesser punchers and in better positions. You don't have a "glass chin" if you get knocked down (he wasn't out) once when you run into the counter-punch of a heavy hitter. That is, at least partly, shit luck. Khabib hasn't fought the same guy and hasn't gotten hit with the same kind of shot, you can't directly "compare chins" just by looking at the number of knock downs, ESPECIALLY when we're talking about a SINGLE knock down. That could be a statistical anomaly, and it sure looks that way, considering Islam has never been knocked down or out before or after.

You can tell that someone has no clue whatsoever about striking or MMA if they bring up Islam's one KO loss as evidence of him having a "glass chin" or shit defense.

EVERYONE gets caught one time or another. Some people just get caught against lesser punchers and in better positions. You don't have a "glass chin" if you get knocked down (he wasn't out) once when you run into the counter-punch of a heavy hitter. That is, at least partly, shit luck. Khabib hasn't fought the same guy and hasn't gotten hit with the same kind of shot, you can't directly "compare chins" just by looking at the number of knock downs, ESPECIALLY when we're talking about a SINGLE knock down. That could be a statistical anomaly, and it sure looks that way, considering Islam has never been knocked down or out before or after.
Literally all of Polo's wins in the UFC are ko's not tkos

Back