Current state & future outlook of LHW

Joseph_McBride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wasn't into the Smith fight for Jones, but Santos has my interest. Assuming Jones doesn't get upset there, which I don't think is impossible, Rockhold is probably 1 impressive finish against Blachowicz away from fighting Jones in the fall.

After that, so much young talented depth to be excited about:

-Walker, 26 years old. Next fight TBD
-Cutelaba, 25. Next fight = Glover
-Oleksiejczuk, 24. Next fight TBD
-Rakic, 27. Next fight = Manuwa
-Reyes, 29. Next fight TBD
-Volkan, 29. Next fight = Latifi
-Ankalaev, 26. Next fight TBD
-Crute, 23. Next fight TBD
-Krylov, 27. Next fight TBD
-Roundtree, 29. Next fight TBD
-Menifield, 31(only 6 fights tho). Next fight TBD

Alot of great possible matchups to be made. Hopefully Cutelaba, Rakic, & Volkan get impressive wins and push Glover, Manuwa, Latifi out of the top 15. Shogun & Cirkunov should be pushed out soon as well once they are matched up with, let's say Crute & Oleksiejczuk.

Is anyone else sharing my optimism for the future of the 205 division?

Waiting for Jon Jones to call out MWs and maybe even a few WWs this time to solidify his legacy as the GOAT, by beating guys from divisions lower all while being on the juice.

What a fighter!

Absolutely agree. 205 gets a lot of criticism for being shallow, but that narrative is out of date.

A few years ago it was a wasteland, but the future is bright.

If Khalil continues to improve, his Thai kickboxing style is unique and interesting enough to cause some problems. But he’s got a ways to go

Crute vs Jones

Make it happen Dana

Current state and outlook is poop.

I would like Jones to smoke Walker or whomever LHW next then move up and take Cormier's HW strap.

Yeah there's good youth depth there, honestly not seen enough from Walker to say if I rate him, bc his fights all end too quickly

I think in terms of skills and athleticism, Rakic is the best LHW prospect but his chin gives me cause to pause. Getting dropped twice in one round by Devin Clark is definitely concerning...

Yeah there's good youth depth there, honestly not seen enough from Walker to say if I rate him, bc his fights all end too quickly
I think that gives a great advantage to upset Jones because there would be less opportunity to feel out the fight. Also, not much recent tape to study.

Khalil could be a future champ

I think that gives a great advantage to upset Jones because there would be less opportunity to feel out the fight. Also, not much recent tape to study.
This, as well as I don't see anyone beating Jones over 5 rounds. And if anyone can put him away it's Walker or Santos imo.

Back