Media Khabib: Poirier is Holding "Temporary Belt"

XxWolfXx

WOLF BELT
@red
Reaction score

Khabib Nurmagomedov doubles down on September title fight, says Poirier 'won temporary belt'

“Poirier won a temporary belt. Temporary,” said Khabib. “I have a real one. The only thing that attracts me in this battle is the new belt. It’s pretty. And the rival is a very good one, we cannot underestimate him, he defeated many top fighters. In the UFC they say that I will fight Poirer in a little more than five months. It is difficult to negotiate with me, I am with my principles. I hope the negotiations will go well and in September we will fight.”
usa_today_11394160.0.jpg

GettyImages-1136955736.jpg

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...ember-poirier-won-temporary-belt-ufc-mcgregor

Flashback: "Interim" LW champ Tony tripped over a cord and "regular" LW champ Conor tossed a dolly, that somehow led to Khabib fighting Al Iaquinta for the LW belt.

Khabib already backing down from September with "principles" and "if negotiations go well"
smh

Conor X Porier II should be good.

Khabib could smash Conor and Poirier on the same night.

Conor would be the easier warmup though.

WolololololooooooFF in da houzee

Why the fuck is he negotiating? He has a contract. There are clauses in there for champs. While Khabib was out for jumping a cornerman, the division moved on a Dustin is the next challenger since Tony didn’t want to risk his shot to fight Dustin.

I remember Khabib shitting on Conor for money fights and money over legacy. Now he is pulling the same shit. This guy couldn’t be anymore fake, he’s just like Conor.

It’s simple. UFC schedules date, Khabib gets paid what he’s contracted to, and he fights the interim champ.

Let’s see if Khabib will even make weight. The guy has missed weight, pulled out due to weight cut, and had a seizure making weight for his last fight.

Flashback: "Interim" LW champ Tony tripped over a cord and "regular" LW champ Conor tossed a dolly, that somehow led to Khabib fighting Al Iaquinta for the LW belt.
Flashback - LW belt held hostage along with the FW belt by Conor who was to scared to defend either prompting the UFC to strip him of both titles.

Flashback - LW belt held hostage along with the FW belt by Conor who was to scared to defend either prompting the UFC to strip him of both titles.

True enough, but the decisive issue was Tony's bizarre accident and Conor's immature/criminal behavior. In a deep division with both a "regular" and "interim" LW champ leading up to the card, Khabib ended up suddenly fighting Iaquinta for the belt he has.

Everything the UFC does is so arbitrary.

He's right you know. I still considered Khabib champ when Connie had the belt lol. It was inevitable.

Last edited:

Conor has nothing to do with Khabib fighting Al for the undisputed title. His fear of Khabib stripped him of the title before Tony tripping over the wire is what put Al in line.

Boy would rather get stripped than face his fears. In hindsight, it was to be butchered as a challenger rather than the champion.

Hah Khabib says the new belt is pretty and he’s motivated to get it. That’s cool., not a lot sherdoggers agree tho.

Why the fuck is he negotiating? He has a contract. There are clauses in there for champs. While Khabib was out for jumping a cornerman, the division moved on a Dustin is the next challenger since Tony didn’t want to risk his shot to fight Dustin.

I remember Khabib shitting on Conor for money fights and money over legacy. Now he is pulling the same shit. This guy couldn’t be anymore fake, he’s just like Conor.

It’s simple. UFC schedules date, Khabib gets paid what he’s contracted to, and he fights the interim champ.

Let’s see if Khabib will even make weight. The guy has missed weight, pulled out due to weight cut, and had a seizure making weight for his last fight.

Very true. He's pathetic as of late.

conor wasnt fighting khabib cause of the bus thing. conor was ducking khabib that why he forced the ufc to call there bluff to really to strip conor of the belt

Khabib Nurmagomedov doubles down on September title fight, says Poirier 'won temporary belt'

“Poirier won a temporary belt. Temporary,” said Khabib. “I have a real one. The only thing that attracts me in this battle is the new belt. It’s pretty. And the rival is a very good one, we cannot underestimate him, he defeated many top fighters. In the UFC they say that I will fight Poirer in a little more than five months. It is difficult to negotiate with me, I am with my principles. I hope the negotiations will go well and in September we will fight.”
usa_today_11394160.0.jpg

GettyImages-1136955736.jpg

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...ember-poirier-won-temporary-belt-ufc-mcgregor

so khabib saying what sherdog says means what nothing.

with guys like khabib and conor all there working out is who when and where.

Back