Broken arm from blocked roundhouse kick?

DanMMAleague

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I remember this happened back in the day with Cung Le vs Frank Shamrock.

Has this happened any other time recently?

Gonzagua broke Couture's arm with a kick, Liddell broke Franklin's. It's amazing that they both lost despite such critical damage.

randycouture_arm_ufc741.jpg

Chuck-Liddell-Rich-Franklin-UFC-115.jpg

Gonzagua broke Couture's arm with a kick, Liddell broke Franklin's. It's amazing that they both lost despite such critical damage.

randycouture_arm_ufc741.jpg

Chuck-Liddell-Rich-Franklin-UFC-115.jpg

Great post...but you missed a key word in the OP.

"recently" :p:D

I dont think people can kick that hard anymore in the USADA era

What kind of kick broke Rich Franklin's arm against Chuck Liddell? That could be one?... (edit) oh someone said that, never mind.

2 bones in the forearm : Both the ulna and radius bones are not that thick. A well-placed kick can fracture one of them.

Go to the nearest mma/muay thaT/kickboxing gym wear pads and have 16 years old kick you with the pads on. You will realize a 16 can easily break your arm blocking a kick. Blocking kicks with your fore arms isn't a valid defense.

16 years olds can do that. Blocking kicks with your fore arms isn't a valid defense and you have never trained in your life if you think that only roided monsters can do that

I snapped a chicken wing like that just last week. Don't mess with me; I train KFC

Go to the nearest mma/muay thaT/kickboxing gym wear pads and have 16 years old kick you with the pads on. You will realize a 16 can easily break your arm blocking a kick. Blocking kicks with your arms isn't a valid defense.

Agreed. Chris Leben used the far superior defence of getting kicked in the head. Nothing broken... unless you look with an MRI

Agreed. Chris Leben used the far superior defence of getting kicked in the head. Nothing broken... unless you look with an MRI
You don't block kicks with your forearms. Unless you want them broken. This is basic kickboxing, muay thai, mma.

You don't block kicks with your forearms. Unless you want them broken. This is basic kickboxing, muay thai, mma.
How do you block them then?
I don't disagree just genuinely curious.
I trained some kyokushin years ago and it was standard to block with the forearm, closer to the elbow than in the above pics though and more like a forearm supported by the other hand. Yes, a higher level guy would hurt the defender's arm but assuming similar skill the attacker's leg was hurting more than the defender's arm.

I trained some kyokushin years ago and it was standard to block with the forearm, closer to the elbow than in the above pics though and more like a forearm supported by the other hand. Yes, a higher level guy would hurt the defender's arm but assuming similar skill the attacker's leg was hurting more than the defender's arm.

Leaning back out of the way is common in Muay Thai

Edit - Far superior to blocking with arms or face (lol);

Two arms to one leg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back