Media Welterweight Rumble vs GSP would've been a sight to see

tweedie

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Goes without saying that GSP probably would've choked him out but man, Rumble was the hardest hitting 170lber I've ever seen and a legitimate top 5 contender at the time. GSP would've had to really mind his Ps and Qs to avoid getting caught in this matchup, and Rumble also had better takedown defense than a lot of GSP's opponents....the first three minutes would've been wild.

giphy.gif

GSP is a bum.

Didn't Rich no love Climenti beat him at 170?
Clementi also beat him early early in his career, when he had literally 10 times the experience that Rumble had. Clementi wasn't exactly a bum, even if he never sniffed the top 10.

Clementi also beat him early early in his career, when he had literally 10 times the experience that Rumble had. Clementi wasn't exactly a bum, even if he never sniffed the top 10.
My point being that if Climenti could, imagine what gsp could have done.
But I know Rumble wasn't at his best just due to lack of experience, but cutting to 170 anyway.

Yeah, smart plan for a 250 lb guy to cut down to 170 to fight GSP. He better get a punch in within the first 2 seconds.

GSP would probably win. Rumble seemed to gas by the 3rd at WW. If he hit GSP flush that would've been a sight to see. I'd like to see Rumble at Heavyweight but he'd probably have problems with USADA. I wish LHW Rumble was still fighting. The most entertaining guy since Silva as far as anticipation goes imo.

Rumble lost to Koscheck at 170, GSP would've obliterated him, like he did Koschek.

Goes without saying that GSP probably would've choked him out but man, Rumble was the hardest hitting 170lber I've ever seen and a legitimate top 5 contender at the time. GSP would've had to really mind his Ps and Qs to avoid getting caught in this matchup, and Rumble also had better takedown defense than a lot of GSP's opponents....the first three minutes would've been wild.

giphy.gif

“GSP 50-43, GSP would beat current 300 lbs Rumble. GSP beat Bisping for Christ sake he is unbeatably the best ever”

- Sherdog

Did Rumble ever talk about how much he felt his power increased going from WW to HW? Or any other KO artists who made similar weight class jumps?

Back