Reaction score
I think Usman crushes him

- Just as good, if not better of an MMA wrestler
- Far superior striker
- Better cardio
- More proven against elite competition

Have to go with Usman.

More ways to win.

Askren has 1 way to win, but he is damn good at it.

I would bet on Usman. More well rounded for sure

Would not shock me though if Ben could impose his game on him

Usman looked amazing vs Woodley. His cardio, striking, wrestling and game plan were all on point. If he can continue to stay on top of his game like this, I don't see anyone at ww beating him. Askren included..

askren has only his wrstling..usmann will destoy that wrestling kiidddd..USMAN GOATTTY

Ben is one dimensional and can't implement his game against top welterweights.

Ben does what he always does he imposes his will upon Usman and breaks him.

Askren. I think the difference between them in striking is fairly minimal, certainly not "significant", and Ben is much better in any position if the fight goes to the ground.

Askren. I think the difference between them in striking is fairly minimal, certainly not "significant", and Ben is much better in any position if the fight goes to the ground.
Just lol at the difference in their striking being "minimal"

giphy.gif

Askren couldn't bust a grape with his pillow fists and has worse striking technique than Dandois

SparklingFlashyHairstreakbutterfly-small.gif

11uvlf5.gif

Last edited:
Usman dominated Woodley but that doesn't mean anything. Ben has been dominating Woodley in practice since they were team captains together at Missouri. Ben imposes his will and breaks people.

I'm no rocket surgeon, but my guess is that Marty's game plan will be to keep it standing where he has a significant advantage..

Usman wins, Askren wrestling is better but Usman is a lot heavier and has much better striking.

I'm no rocket surgeon, but my guess is that Marty's game plan will be to keep it standing where he has a significant advantage..
That's a fine gameplan, but it's failed 19 times against Ben's other opponents. All Ben has to do is get a hand on you a hand a leg a foot anything and he can chain wrestle like a boss.

Lol Askren will trash Marty
He couldn't even beat a washed up, post-knee surgery Lawler who got absolutely wrecked by RDA in his previous fight...

Lawler also arguably lost to Cowboy and KO'd by Woodley in one minute not too long before that yet Askren almost died in the first 30 seconds at his hands...

I think Usman crushes him

- Just as good, if not better of an MMA wrestler
- Far superior striker
- Better cardio
- More proven against elite competition
I bolded two claims you made. What are you basing these on?

Back