Has Jones ever been hurt, wobbled, rocked?

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I havent seen every Jones fight so this is serious question. Outside of Vitors arm bar attempt has Jones ever been in "trouble" during a fight? Has he even been dropped?

If the answer is no, thats crazy.

Nope. He's been hit by some solid punches but never rocked. Rashad, lyoto both hit home solid

He's been rocked once in the second DC fight with the punch that sent his mouthpiece flying. But recovered a few seconds later.

He was also lost a couple of times in the first Gus fight, but not in danger.

Lyoto's rush of punches

DC's mouthpiece tossing uppercut

Rashad's headkick

Gus

He's been rocked once in the second DC fight with the punch that sent his mouthpiece flying. But recovered a few seconds later.

He was also lost a couple of times in the first Gus fight, but not in danger.
LOL what? Jones is not even rocked once in both DC fight.
im_sy94iCbsJF2ORsSJZKuF8vN9wx46vdJT1eywCl_8.gif

Doesn't even look stunned to me

Only once, when Lyoto countered him coming in with a straight left. It was more getting stunned than badlg rocked though.

He had a broken toe, that could've cost him the fight if Chael had more hart or Jones had less.

And Gus send him to the hospital in bad shape.

Against Machida, against OSP. He is hard to land flush, sorta like Israel but with a decent chin instead of a weak one. Santos has quite a good chance landing flush if the fight keeps standing because of the nature Santos throws. Long hooks can reach Jones dome, like Masvidal threw that long hook as Till was stepping away. Also follow up punches land decently, and Santos throws hard combinations.

Jones has never been rocked really.

Rashad partially got him with a head kick but he took it well

eap3zp.jpg

Machida tagged him but he was never really in trouble

tumblr_mp193bCmgV1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

Brandon Vera hit him pretty clean with an up kick as well

Outside of Vitors arm bar attempt has Jones ever been in "trouble" during a fight?

Technically speaking, he could have lost by doctor stoppage if the ref had noticed his mangled big toe against Sonnen. It would have been the most hilarious bullshit in the history of the UFC.

My sources tell me Jones banged his head pretty hard on the framework of the cage he hid under, but he recovered quickly.

LOL what? Jones is not even rocked once in both DC fight.
im_sy94iCbsJF2ORsSJZKuF8vN9wx46vdJT1eywCl_8.gif

Doesn't even look stunned to me
Yeah I remember him stumbling back in this one. Looks not as bad.

Still he said his jaw hurts in a post fight interview on Fox.

never ever been rocked, he has been hit flush before, the Cormier right hand in the start of the 2nd fight was a really good shot and would have dropped most guys, but Jones ate it like a GOAT.

Jones is very very very hard to land flush on, its only happened a few times in his entire career, Jones won't get into no 50/50 swinging match with anyone, so the chances to land on him are small. Thats why Santos is a squash match and big waste of time, because Santos needs guys to get into big wild exchanges with him and Jones is certainly not the guy for that, it aint gonna happen, Jones fight IQ is the best in MMA, with GSP.

Jones has never been rocked really.

Rashad partially got him with a head kick but he took it well

eap3zp.jpg

Machida tagged him but he was never really in trouble

tumblr_mp193bCmgV1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

Brandon Vera hit him pretty clean with an up kick as well
Those gifs dont really show him getting rocked imo.. slightly stunned and a luttle off balance. Crazy stuff. The guy has fought some killers and hasnt really ever been hurt or in jeopardy of losing via stoppage.

Jones is like a top level street fighter player using Akuma. Only way you gonna best him is to find another Akuma to take him out

Yeah I remember him stumbling back in this one. Looks not as bad.

Still he said his jaw hurts in a post fight interview on Fox.
Jones didn't stumble back at all, in fact he immediately became more aggressive and landed a spinning kick to DC body right after that.

Back