Can BJ Penn beat a bantamweight or flyweight? What about a female fighter?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
If so, which?

I cant think of one.

Edited title to include female fighters

I obviously give BJ the edge against most female fighters but I would put my money on Cyborg, GDR, and Nunes.

Last edited:
He could probably beat Erick Silva, but he's gaining weight and will soon be out of atom weight.

J8ck5az1tKydzmSpIzzS8D-wevcwqaypKaikpcH1hP4GJmn43kx9-ctanDuk8JCgh9Wa2a1r8tys0_LlYu6sU5gpEs1YOq-PsNyJg2Y=w404-h227-nc

I hope the fight with Guida happens. Its a winnable fight for both of them. Even if he can't compete at the top, matching him well could make for some good fights still

BJ tries to beat himself using a mirror and still loses.

Dominick Cruz? No way.

Raphael Asuncao? I don't see it.

John Dodson? Too quick for BJ.

Cejudo? Please.

Probably not. He's been cashed out since the Diaz fight, and left the building in the Rory fight. He's an absolute legend of this sport with absolutely nothing left to prove, but he's a shot fighter. No shame in it. He gave his all to the game.

He can beat a guy his size...cm punk

If so, which?

I cant think of one.

All bs aside, I think Hemanda Nunes knocks Penn out at this point in both their respective careers. Penn was a pioneer, but he’s way past his prime and a tad bit chinny. Nunes has heavy hands, so it’s no shame to BJ. She also dethroned the arguable wmma GOAT.

BJ is an old ghost.

Pretty much every ranked BW would beat the shit out of him on athleticism alone.

Back