• N

Votes: 80 28.6%

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Legacy of Disputed GOAT Under Scrutiny

Now scheduled to take on Jared Cannonier at UFC 237, Silva told Combate he doesn’t worry too much about whether or not those positive tests stain his legacy. Instead of that, Anderson prefers to focus on the good side of his career and compares his situation to that of the light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones.

“I don’t think [they taint my career],” Silva said. “Both me and Jon Jones have been through some difficult things in the sport. To come back from what we had to live through, that’s more than loving what you like. It takes a special kind of person. I have great affection for him. We talk whenever we can, I try to give him some of my experience as to how to live in the fighting world, but behind the cameras.

"Jon Jones has everything to create a great story. He already is a great story. You can’t debate what he did for the sport. The things he did, which I ended up doing, they were flaws we had no control over and we paid for them. There were more good things than bad. Jon Jones has my respect, I’m sure he’s the absolute champion of this sport.”

Currently at the age of 44, Silva acknowledges his time in the sport is coming to an end. After dealing with Jared Cannonier in May, Anderson believes he will finish out his contract, claiming there is nothing else for him to do in MMA.

“I think I have three or four more fights, I have to check my contract,” Silva said. “I intend to fight them all, I feel well. Much to the chagrin of some and joy of others, I intend to remain there, bugging them. Of course every fighter thinks about the title, but I already that whole title experience.

"I held the title for nine years and was undefeated for ten. None of that is new to me. Everything that comes now, we take it as wisdom. The goal is to feel well, do what I love and try to develop what we practice in camp. Everyday we renew ourselves, every camp we find out that there is more to learn.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/4/...-ped-issues-taint-his-career-ufc-237-mma-news

Last edited:
He's right. Outside of Sherdog, no ones cares. Everyone just remembers the otherworldly performances he put on for our entertainment.

Lmao, Anderson gonna Anderson.

images

His era was a level playing field and what he accomplished during that era is nothing short of goattastic.

steroid users are the true fighters cause they'll do anything to win. GOAT.

he is right, only dusty sherdoggers think peds taint legacy.

no matter how hard you try you will never change that narative.

It is, but I'll prefer to remember how awesome he was in his prime. Matrix Silva was like a different species, a character from a book.

he is right, only dusty sherdoggers think peds taint legacy.

no matter how hard you try you will never change that narative.
Are you retarded? PEDs might not have tainted Silva's legacy, but whenever someone talks about Jones for ex., PEDs are ALWAYS mentioned. That's literally the definition of a tainted legacy.

Silva has two legacies - among hardcore fans like Sherdoggers and among Brazilians. One is tainted, the other is not.

He's right. Outside of Sherdog, no ones cares. Everyone just remembers the otherworldly performances he put on for our entertainment.

nah, the other fighters care.

especially about Jon Jones situation.

Yes but he’s still one of my favorite fighters & in my top 5 p4p list

Yeah, totally, everyone thinks Barry bonds, mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa are the GOAT homerun hitters

Confirmed steroid users always, ALWAYS have a dark cloud over them. Forever. And for good reason.

nah, the other fighters care.

especially about Jon Jones situation.
Jones situation is different. Outside of the sport, Anderson's name is never brought up. He's not doing hit and runs.

And as far as other fighters go, fighters from Anderson's era understand the situation. I mean, how many fighters that Anderson fought ended up pissing hot? And that was pre-USADA when testing wasn't that strict at all. Sherdoggers are the only ones in denial.

Back