Which fighter has taken the most damage per dollar paid?

Tycho- Taylor's Version

Wild ferocious creature
Platinum Member
Reaction score
A friend and I were talking about the physical sacrifices athletes make for their careers, and MMA fighters came up as sacrificing the most relative to their compensation.

This made new wonder, which fighter has taken the worst beatings for the least money? I'm thinking someone who showed potential but never quite made it back to the negotiating table would rank higher than someone who lost a couple bad ones before getting the boot, but no specific names are coming to mind.

Thoughts?

Probably Diego Sanchez by my guess.

Just recently I'd say Eryk Anders because he had to take punishment from Santos and then Thailand Khalil within a few months

Got paid 50k his last fight

A friend and I were talking about the physical sacrifices athletes make for their careers, and MMA fighters came up as sacrificing the most relative to their compensation.

This made new wonder, which fighter has taken the worst beatings for the least money? I'm thinking someone who showed potential but never quite made it back to the negotiating table would rank higher than someone who lost a couple bad ones before getting the boot, but no specific names are coming to mind.

Thoughts?

Obviously Saku dude.

Thoughts?
BJ Penn had taken serious damage and earned BJ Penn money in the process

Edit- Overeem takes the cake. He earns 800k for his KO losses

Diego-

Fast forward to the year 2034, An mma cte show with panelists Chuck, Diego and Gaejthe. The vernacular thrown to and from each other will have people laughing to the point of dropped jaws except one thing........... it's not funny.

Dont get me wrong, been watching for 20 years - love it . Fight IQ learn it...live it.

Yeah gotta def be overeem.

yeah overeem gets like 750k per knock out ( him knocked out )

Just recently I'd say Eryk Anders because he had to take punishment from Santos and then Thailand Khalil within a few months

Got paid 50k his last fight

Saw someone make the point about Anders in another thread, but tbh his most recent fight is the only one I've seen of his last few.

Diego/Penn/Saku I have to imagine got paid pretty well, no? Relative to someone getting lit up repeatedly on the undercard.

Olaf Alfonso

JointOffensiveAmurratsnake-size_restricted.gif

2z3nsz8.jpg

mccullough-alfonso-ko.gif

Dude took horrible, horrible beatings for literally no money.

Diego, Sakuraba, Browne.....they've all made about 20x the amount of money Alfonso did in his career.

Undoubtedly it's some guy who got brutalized in his first fight in the UFC and never fought in the octagon again. Idk about now, but not that long ago guys were getting like $5k in their UFC debuts.

Did you not read the OP?

He said the most damage for the least amount of money.

Duffman's loss to Mir for 10k was good value

Cabbage Correira?

Shannon Ritch, Valentijn Overeem, Goodridge, Ninja Rua, Fulton by far...

The dude Uriah Hall murdered on TUF, because he didn't get paid and got ded

Back