Is Tatiana Suarez the only threat to Valentina Shevchenko?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Tatiana cuts a good amount of weight to make 115 and on fight night she has admitted to being 150 lbs. (LATER SAID IT WAS A JOKE) But she still walks at 130+

Looked through the entire 125 division there is NOBODY at least with a name other than the mediocre Jessica Eye. Shevchenko will need a legit challenger and MANY FANS already are giving Suarez the belt now. Whether thats a good idea I still hear the debates. I still think the tank that is Jessica Andrade will be her toughest test if/when they fight.

Basically if Tatiana Suarez is going to be as dominant as fans and myself think if she captures the Straw weight title she will be in the same position as Shevchenko.

WHO WOULD YOU PICK IN SHEVCHENKO VS TATIANA in this "CHAMP CHAMP" era?

Last edited:
No, Shevchenko will hurt her as she has no real stand up.

Female Khabib will bully and maul Valentina in her own weight class.

I think Suarez is on some next level shit, but Val has went 8 rounds with Nunes. I think she might be too much.

Tatiana cuts a good amount of weight to make 115 and on fight night she has admitted to being 150 lbs.

35 lbs? No way.

Tatiana cuts a good amount of weight to make 115 and on fight night she has admitted to being 150 lbs.

Looked through the entire 125 division there is NOBODY at least with a name other than the mediocre Jessica Eye. Shevchenko will need a legit challenger and MANY FANS already are giving Suarez the belt now. Whether thats a good idea I still hear the debates. I still think the tank that is Jessica Andrade will be her toughest test if/when they fight.

Basically if Tatiana Suarez is going to be as dominant as fans and myself think if she captures the Straw weight title she will be in the same position as Shevchenko.

tatiana wouldnt get her on the ground so bullet wins.

35 lbs? No way.
Ok then she lied? Apparently you know her.
source: UFC women’s strawweight Tatiana Suarez put on a dominant performance over the weekend. Now the undefeated mixed martial artist has come forward to reveal her weight from the night of the fight.

UFC 228 took place on Saturday, Sept. 8, in Dallas, Texas. Featured on the night’s card, Tatiana Suarez went toe-to-toe with former champion Carla Esparza.

Suarez and Esparza made it to the final round. However, Suarez ultimately earned a TKO victory over her opponent. Taking to Twitter, the 115 pound division competitor revealed that she was 150 pounds on the night of her victory over Esparza.

Slow down. The time it will take for Suarez to win the belt and get a few defenses under her belt, if she lives up to expectations and does so, is plenty of time for other interesting challengers to emerge at 125.

35 lbs? No way.
No, Shevchenko will hurt her as she has no real stand up.
Just watched her on Brenda Schaubs food truck diaries and claims she would get anyone to the ground and even if she was ever to be slammed she would get back up or be happy there. Interesting interview.

Slow down. The time it will take for Suarez to win the belt and get a few defenses under her belt, if she lives up to expectations and does so, is plenty of time for other interesting challengers to emerge at 125.
Trust me, I am slowed. I was initially not impressed with her beating up a 5'1" Carla Esparza who is a good wrestler but by no means Olympic level.
I got backlash for that, Tatiana went from rank 7 to 3. I actually campaigned for Suarez hype to be chilled a bit but the Sherdog world seems to feel that she is the uncrownd champ. Therefore I cam here to see what they thought of that match up.

source: UFC women’s strawweight Tatiana Suarez put on a dominant performance over the weekend. Now the undefeated mixed martial artist has come forward to reveal her weight from the night of the fight.

UFC 228 took place on Saturday, Sept. 8, in Dallas, Texas. Featured on the night’s card, Tatiana Suarez went toe-to-toe with former champion Carla Esparza.

Suarez and Esparza made it to the final round. However, Suarez ultimately earned a TKO victory over her opponent. Taking to Twitter, the 115 pound division competitor revealed that she was 150 pounds on the night of her victory over Esparza.

So she cuts almost a quarter of her body weight? Is this even possible?

150lbs? 35lb rehydration? Not impossible. She should avoid JJ as that’s her worse matchup

Valentina is P4P the best women on the planet
She arguably bear Nunes who had at least 20lbs on her
She should reign a long time

I like Val, but I got Tatiana on this one. Amanda Nunes showed the blueprint of how to neutralize Shevchenko's offense, and Suarez can do the damage if she has the superior position. She hurts bitches like few women can. I think Val will win the first round and a half and then Suarez will start to swamp her and will finish strong

Are they still doing that fight with Jessica Eye? The slaughter will make it more like a human sacrifice than MMA but I will watch
Shevchenko: "Feed me"

No, she was joking when she said 150 man, she said as much in an immediate follow up. She said she actually weighed 125.

Back