Is Adesanya too small?

Marco_mma

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, he showed great things against gastelum no doubt about, but compared to whittaker he looks tiny, i don't even think whittaker is worried about him, he is probably laughing at the idea of fighting adesanya, the guy has some great skill but c'mon he wouldn't scary nobody.
This is not a thread from a hater and i'm not trolling around, mostly after the way he fought gastelum i appreciate the guy, it's just hard for me to look at him as a real threat for robert.

There are different ways to fight to your size.

Adesanya is huge. 6'4 with 80 inch reach.

In wrestling...he's not big but again even in grappling there are ways to position yourself in clinch and grappling situations that make your length hard to deal with due to it being hard to get ahold of their center of gravity

Hes actually bigger than most at 185. Whittaker is a former 170 guy, sure hes buffed up at 185 but adesanya is definitely quite a bit bigger. Look at height and reach, hes huge for 185

I think he showed great things against Gas too................only in round 5!

If you've seen that video of him sparring with Rumble he doesn't look that small at all

Gastelum's head movement was excellent in their fight, if it wasn't Adesanya would have done a lot better early on. I'm expecting another tough close fight

He weighs in at 183 but he has a frame that you can pack muscle on. I don't think his game is based on muscle but we haven't seen someone press him in wrestling and grappling. I don't think he is going to have an issue with Bobby since Bobby doesn't really grapple even though he can do it very well.

I thought he looked bigger than ever

He weighs in at 183 but he has a frame that you can pack muscle on. I don't think his game is based on muscle but we haven't seen someone press him in wrestling and grappling. I don't think he is going to have an issue with Bobby since Bobby doesn't really grapple even though he can do it very well.
I believe Brunson tried to bully him physically.
He failed miserably

I doubt he really weighs 183 in the cage
Probably cuts a little extra just to make sure he makes weight

Yes, he showed great things against gastelum no doubt about, but compared to whittaker he looks tiny, i don't even think whittaker is worried about him, he is probably laughing at the idea of fighting adesanya, the guy has some great skill but c'mon he wouldn't scary nobody.
This is not a thread from a hater and i'm not trolling around, mostly after the way he fought gastelum i appreciate the guy, it's just hard for me to look at him as a real threat for robert.
adesayna should move up . hes too big for 85

Hes actually bigger than most at 185. Whittaker is a former 170 guy, sure hes buffed up at 185 but adesanya is definitely quite a bit bigger. Look at height and reach, hes huge for 185

Adesanya barely cuts weight for 185lbs. Whittaker walks around over 220lbs

A good hairline makes up for lack of size. (In fighting as well as other things)

only one way to find out
1eisij.jpg

He's 6'4 but he is pretty skinny. So I would't say that he's bigger than others middleweight. For instance I would't say that Izzy is bigger than Romeo despite the fact this last is "only" 5'10.

Adesanya ain't cutting much weight at all, guaranteed. Looks about the same size as Neil Magny (definitely a stronger frame than him though).

Back