Who was the last southpaw Holloway faced?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Did that mess with him a little? Porier was the first southpaw he faced since when?

Could play a role as Dustin is a strong boxer

Its pretty simple. Max relied heavily on his size advantage at 145. He was big enough to absorb the fire power from Aldo and long enough to move out of the pocket and not get hit as much. Porier landed punches Max usually sees coming rolls with at the last second.

Its pretty simple. Max relied heavily on his size advantage at 145. He was big enough to absorb the fire power from Aldo and long enough to move out of the pocket and not get hit as much. Porier landed punches Max usually sees coming rolls with at the last second.

That's 100% pure dogshit.

Conor and Dustin both fought at 145 as well.

The truth is Max had a hard time with the crisp southpaw stance and Dustin knew there was no TD threat with Max. So when Max would square up Dustin knew he could use his range as a Southpaw to fire a power shot.

Against a wrestling machine like Khabib Dustin would be snapped to the ground fire power shots like that.

Did that mess with him a little? Porier was the first southpaw he faced since when?

i also think dustin's reach advantage mightve played a part. isnt holloway normally the longer-limbed fighter at featherweight?

Max really doesn't have a big reach advantage against anybody he fights

That's 100% pure dogshit.

Conor and Dustin both fought at 145 as well.

The truth is Max had a hard time with the crisp southpaw stance and Dustin knew there was no TD threat with Max. So when Max would square up Dustin knew he could use his range as a Southpaw to fire a power shot.

Against a wrestling machine like Khabib Dustin would be snapped to the ground fire power shots like that.

Ok so you said its dogshit then agreed that Dustin used his range to land on Max. You are contradicting yourself.

Max really doesn't have a big reach advantage against anybody he fights

It's wingspan bro fingertip to fingertip he has the slimmest scrawniest back/shoulders I've ever seen in a fighter he has long ass arms for sure

It's wingspan bro fingertip to fingertip he has the slimmest scrawniest back/shoulders I've ever seen in a fighter he has long ass arms for sure

His reach is short 69 inch reach. Compare that to Tony who is the same height but with 76 inch reach

When I was fighting I used to hate fighting southpaws. I always had difficulty avoiding the jab with the left hand.

Last southpaw Max faced....hmmmmmm......let me see.....oh I remember now, it was..

Your momma OP.

i agree with what you're saying, but not why he can't do it anymore.

i don't think it's because he relied too heavily on his size advantage, it's not like he has some gigantic advantage in that area.

i think it's the opposite, i think he's getting bigger and heavier than he used to be and he no longer uses his footwork to move around as he used to.

against Aldo twice he was able to move away like you say, and avoid most of the power using his movement. but starting with the Ortega fight, which happened after his weight cut debacle when trying to fight Khabib, he's started to become more Diaz-esque in his style. standing directly in front of guys.

if he wants success again he has to go back to that movement heavy style in my opinion. he could've made the Poirer fight much more competitive had he moved around on the outside and baited Poirer to move in, instead of just constantly trying to attack with the right hand to the body. he was too predictable.

His reach is short 69 inch reach. Compare that to Tony who is the same height but with 76 inch reach

The way they measure reach includes the width of the chest, Max has a very narrow chest. His short reach has more to due with his narrow chest than his arm length.

The way they measure reach includes the width of the chest, Max has a very narrow chest. His short reach has more to due with his narrow chest than his arm length.

Bro the guy has short arms lol just looking at him. You act like tall guys cant have short arms.

Back