The UFC always having the best fighters: Obvious or overstated?

Rampage_Jackson

retired 3/6/21
@red
Reaction score

Good vid that recaps the history of UFC and fighters from other orgs coming in. I think in general you have the best fighters in the UFC but the rankings always just give them the benefit of the doubt.

There are great fighters in a lot of orgs

Overall they have the strongest stable of fighters but there will always be individuals that can come in rank highly pretty quickly.

Thy have the best fighters but it's overstated. I'd give a lot of Bellator fighters great odds in the UFC. Same for ONE and some of the people in RIZIN

The UFC has the best overall fighters of all the MMA Orgs and by quite a bit of margin. Though, if anybody thinks that out of 7 billion people on this planet there aren't humans that can step into the UFC and have immediate success then their retarded. Other orgs get good fighters too. Right now there's probably somebody out there than can beat Jones and DC on the same night we just don't know them.

Good vid that recaps the history of UFC and fighters from other orgs coming in. I think in general you have the best fighters in the UFC but the rankings always just give them the benefit of the doubt.

There are great fighters in a lot of orgs

there's no such thing as "always" or "everyone" in mma. i'd say UFC has 70-80% of the best talent in the world

The UFC has the best fighters with three notable exceptions:
upload_2019-4-18_11-52-53.jpeg
upload_2019-4-18_11-53-27.jpeg
upload_2019-4-18_11-54-0.jpeg
Honorable mention: Bader, Lima, Minakov

UFC has a great stable of fighter and great fighters exist outside of the UFC.

When the WEC was purchased and integrated their fighters had an immediate and lasting impact.

When the Strikeforce was purchased and integrated their fighters had an immediate and lasting impact.

As we could see with the Pride/WEC/Strikeforce merge...there are a lot of guys out there, better or as good as the guys the UFC had on their roster.

Today there are still very good guys out there...but i think P4P...the best are at the UFC right now...

Mostly true but its hard to tell with out cross organizational fights. Is Askran the number 1 WW in the world? Nobody really knows unless he fights the other top dogs in the divison.

Overstated. Pride, WEC, Strikeforce, Bellator, and Dream fighters have come over and won the title. UFC is the biggest org with the most money so they will generally have more top level fighters but they aren't the NFL of MMA. There will always be fighters that aren't in the UFC that could be champions in the UFC.

Overstated, but the UFC being a much bigger platform than any other MMA organisation creates that illusion. Not many would think of Khabib as the best fighter in the world if he wasn't in the UFC.

The reason many people don't consider Fedor the GOAT is exactly for that reason.

I thought it was an agreed upon universal truth that WEC disproved that hypothesis.

They have a majority of the best fighters. But the blanket statement is false.

The UFC has the best overall fighters of all the MMA Orgs and by quite a bit of margin. Though, if anybody thinks that out of 7 billion people on this planet there aren't humans that can step into the UFC and have immediate success then their retarded. Other orgs get good fighters too. Right now there's probably somebody out there than can beat Jones and DC on the same night we just don't know them.

This. I'm actually a mma coach. I have some mma fighter with winning records who get worked in training from guys who have no interest in fighting mma.

I laugh when sherdoggers actually believe ANYONE is the best in the world when it come to fighting lol.

The ufc just has the depth that other promotions don’t have. The other top orgs outside of the ufc (bellator/one/rizin) just have talent at the top maybe even a hand full of guys who can compete with the best of the ufc

Overstated. There are way more scrubs than top-level fighters in UFC right now, though... around 5 scrubs/nobodies for every 1 elite fighter.

They have a big majority of the best fighters. But certainly not all of them. There are arguments in a few different divisions that the best fighter is not in the UFC. Or that another organization’s champ could beat the UFC champ.

But overall, yes they have the best fighters.

Overstated. There are way more scrubs than top-level fighters in UFC right now, though... around 5 scrubs/nobodies for every 1 elite fighter.
5 scrubs to 1 elite?

dang man that hits me as optimistic

I’d have it at like 20/1, maybe.

so many fighters nowadays...

For the most part for obvious reasons but then you have the chandlers, mvps and lovato's that slip through the cracks

Back