Does Manuwa have one left hook left in the tank to KO Rakic or is he done ?

ferrari

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We saw Rakic getting dropped and almost getting KOd in his last fight by Devin Clark of all people but he still went on to knock him out with a backfist(Not a spinning one) and we havent seen Manuwa win since he KOd Corey also out of all his losses the only loss in which he wasnt KOd is the Blachowicz one (He still got dropped pretty badly there as well) so he is basically the definiton of a glass cannon . I expect this fight to be a great one with an old gatekeeper fighting a young prospect .

I think so, Rakic looks decent but manuwa can bang when he wants, he looks like hes on a downward spiral tho so it might be me being hopeful tho as a fellow Brit

This is an example of good match making by UFC. Manuwa is a well known name close to the end of his career, Rakić could be the one who makes LHW great again in coming years. Going with Rakić by an early KO.

I think not. Put him down sure, but Rakic is too tough in the end.

sure he does, he's the ultimate glass cannon though.

manuwa vs most guys is usually a 50/50 fight imo.

Power is the last thing to go but I like Rakic to put him against the cage to wear him down, then hit some takedowns. His gNp is probably his best tool, along with his cardio.

1st round KO for Manuwa is certainly a possibility tho.

it's just crazy remembering manuwa being in the hunt for the title fight, being cageside in buffalo at ufc 210 calling out daniel cormier after he beat rumble, and now we're discussing him being on the brink of his career with a L against aleksander rakic. shit changes quick in mma

I hope so! I'll never forget the look Manuwa left on OSP's face when he ko'd him.

it's just crazy remembering manuwa being in the hunt for the title fight, being cageside in buffalo at ufc 210 calling out daniel cormier after he beat rumble, and now we're discussing him being on the brink of his career with a L against aleksander rakic. shit changes quick in mma
So true I think Volkan put the final stamp on his chin since the Gus loss was when he was fresh in the UFC and getting koed by Rumble isn't scorned upon.

Manuwa is still powerful as fuck...he almost caught Thiago Santos not long ago

Idk what those english boys are on but Manuwa and Paul Daley both have absolute bombs in their lead hook

If Rakic fought each LHW fighter in top 5 twice (10 fights total). He would win 5.

He should be given oportunity to fight 3-4 times this year...

When/where does this fight take place?

I remember when they hyped him as an undefeated KO artist going into the Gus fight... just saying.

I think Manuwa still has enough to get this W.

i don't think anyone who seriously follows this sport considered manuwa a serious threat to DC lmao, most of us knew DC would've dumped him on his head and subbed him in 1 round.

i don't think anyone who seriously follows this sport considered manuwa a serious threat to DC lmao, most of us knew DC would've dumped him on his head and subbed him in 1 round.
Yeah, big difference in a striker who *tries* to wrestle vs an elite american wrestler with power in his hands.

That should always be a huge red flag no matter what...wrestleboxers are still the #1 archetype

Yeah, big difference in a striker who *tries* to wrestle vs an elite american wrestler with power in his hands.

That should always be a huge red flag no matter what...wrestleboxers are still the #1 archetype
Very nicely put into words.

There are also a few strikers with elite TDD. But not full wrestling package.

Manuwa is a well known name close to Bellator, Rakić could be the one who makes LHW great again in coming years. Going with Rakić by an early KO.

Fixed a little for you but agree overall

Very nicely put into words.

There are also a few strikers with elite TDD. But not full wrestling package.
Thank you

I actually am even more impressed with Adesanya because of this....Gastelum isn't what I'd label an elite wrestler, but he's a hell of a lot better than anyone from the country Adesanya is from because they don't really wrestle over there.

Back