Where is Yair? Can we finally do Yair vs Zabit?

Do you want Yair vs Zabit still?

• Total voters

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
It seems like the only matchup cursed nearly as much as Khabib/Tony.

What say you Sherdog, do you still want this fight to happen or rather they both get different opponents?

Regardless Yair hasn't fought since winning by Hail Mary back in November he should have a fight announced by now.

I believe he fights out of Chicago, I'd love this fight to get added to that PPV

Yair doesn't deserve a fight with Zabit at this point. Zabit has moved on to bigger and better things.

I'd love to see that fight...

I feel like Yair doesn't want any smoke with Zabit anymore.

Yair doesn't deserve a fight with Zabit at this point. Zabit has moved on to bigger and better things.

I mean in every fight there is someone getting the bigger opportunity. The Korean Zombie finish is still a big deal, and the UFC is still interested in trying to find a Mexican fighter not named Cejudo/Gastelum to rep the flag and try and get the country behind them. It hasn't been smooth but he could still get their with a win over Zabit.

To follow up on the Mexican market. Cejudo looking to fight Marlon possibly on the same card so the PPV features two guys to try and help capture a market they haven't done great with yet.

I mean in every fight there is someone getting the bigger opportunity. The Korean Zombie finish is still a big deal, and the UFC is still interested in trying to find a Mexican fighter not named Cejudo/Gastelum to rep the flag and try and get the country behind them. It hasn't been smooth but he could still get their with a win over Zabit.

If the UFC really wants Yair to be that guy for them, they should definitely not have him fight Zabit.

And yeah, there's always something "fighting up" and someone "fighting down," so to speak, I just think Yair doesn't deserve it. And I doubt Ali does, either, and he's pretty much the consensus best manager in the game right now, so I doubt his fighter is going to be the one "fighting down."

I think a KO over KZ is more impressive than running away to earn a close decision over Stephens but maybe that's just me.

Sure but I don't think Yair signs and zabit doesn't really need it at this point. Too bad mendes dropped out he'd have been a good test for zabit too.

I think a KO over KZ is more impressive than running away to earn a close decision over Stephens but maybe that's just me.
This. I like Zabit but ppl are acting like he is superior to everyone. He wasnt even impressive in his last fight. It would be a tough fight for him imo

weird thing is Yair already fought #3 Edgar now after a win against Jung people are saying he doesn't deserve #6

whatever the numbers don't mean much to me I'd just as well see him fight Stephens or Cub

Yair would KO Zabit.

His last fight was waaaaaay more impressive than Zabits.

I think Zabit is much weaker in the heart and KO power departments.

I mean cmoon, he couldn't beat that unknown little dude. He was actually getting tested in the last round.

Zabit just fades at the end of the fight whereas Yair KO's you dead in the last second.

It makes no sense, it would be a step back for Zabit at this point.

It's just you. Zabit comfortably won a fight against an active and always dangerous Stephens. The Zombie Yair beat was in his 2nd fight in 5 years -- nowhere near as relevant as Stephens to the division -- and had Zombie not run headfirst at Yair and had just jogged around the octagon for literally 1 more second, he would have won the fight. In other words, not a great overall showing for Yair. Zabit didn't need a hail mary fluke to beat Stephens.

Zabit would destroy him on the ground, he's moved onto bigger things. He should fight Ortega next, and if Holloway vacates the title, the winner of Aldo/Volk should fight the winner of Zabit/Ortega for it.

The fights sounds fun, but Zabit might be above him in the ranks, does it make sense for them to fight, other then a fun matchup?

Back