UFC goes to China (possibility Shenzhen) in August

under_t

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://sportv.globo.com/site/comba...a-china-em-agosto-na-cidade-de-shenzhen.ghtml
After holding events in China in 2017 and 2018, Ultimate plans to return to the country this year. Combate.com has learned from sources close to the company that the organization is studying a card in the country in 2019 and the city of Shenzhen emerges as a favorite to receive the UFC, which should be held in August, yet no date set .
If confirmed the event in August in China, it will be the sixth time that the country will receive an Ultimate card, but the first in Shenzhen. In the first three times, Macau was chosen to host, being the last one in 2014. In 2017, Shanghai was chosen. Already last year, the capital Beijing hosted the organization, with Francis Ngannou vs. Curtis Blaydes 2 in the main fight, which ended with the Cameroonian knockout in the first round.
So, no Singapore card this year?
I thought UFC had multi-year contract with Air Asia for Singapore card.

I'm in Singapore for most of 2019, hope they have a card there. Although Shenzhen ain't that far away, willing to go there if the card is somewhat decent.

Singapore is the HQ of One FC. There are no local Singaporean talents "good" enough for the UFC. It's hard to generate a buzz in one of those countries without a star. UFC tries to bring in Chinese, Koreans and Japanese in their cards but they don't understand the culture and nationalism within Asian countries. I guess Singaporeans can root for Chinese folks but there is also a backlash for PRC folks with a "theyyyy Toook Our Jerrbs" sentiment
I guess Singapore has a strong western Expat community though.

why can't there be a card in both china and singapore in 2019? they managed an event in both countries in 2018, 2017 and 2014

why can't there be a card in both china and singapore in 2019? they managed an event in both countries in 2018, 2017 and 2014
Heard UFC may go to Philippines this autumn.
If so there is few possibility they go to Singapore this year.

Kevin Lee to main event

Shenzhen is a shit hole, was good to see Bisping get KTFO out in Shanghai, they should come back here.

They sell dog and cat meat to the tourists in Shenzhen.

Should just go to Macau or Hong Kong if they are going to Shenzhen.

<WellThere>

China will use this as an opportunity to hack and steal all of the UFC’s techniques, protocols and guidelines then come out with their own league by 2025 called CFC - China Fighting Championship.

I guess it's always a smart move trying to infiltrate the market of a country with over a billion motherfuckers

Back