Conor's retirement

Maaj19

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Don't believe this shit until he's out of the USADA testing pool. Until then we can't be sure this isn't some negotiation tactic like he used before the Nate Diaz rematch

He retired from “mixed martial art”

Hopefully he just means one of the arts, like touchbutt or copying tattoos from Instagram models

Apparently Conor doesnt know his fables.

Conor is the boy who cried wolf, he fake retired already.

No ones believing his bullshit, just sign a fight or fuck off

Apparently Conor doesnt know his fables.

Conor is the boy who cried wolf, he fake retired already.

No ones believing his bullshit, just sign a fight or fuck off
I don t think so. He hasbeen out since the Khabib fight.

Sherdog will surely miss him, myself included. Not his biggest fan, but we'll never have another. Good riddance, it was hell of a ride for him.

He's laid down a red line, at this stage if the UFC still want him to fight they will have to give him his piece of the company.

If the UFC are resolute and stick to their guns I think it actually will be the end, Conor is making millions a month without anyone trying to give him brain damage, he ain't interest in the quick one off fight purses anymore, he wants long term dividends from the ufc.

And when you consider what he's done for the growth of the sport I think he's entitled to make that request.

I am surprised Sherdog still functions. Are all the Conor fans crying because he retired and soaking their keyboards beyond functionality? Good bye Conor it was fun but NEXT!!!!

He's laid down a red line, at this stage if the UFC still want him to fight they will have to give him his piece of the company.

If the UFC are resolute and stick to their guns I think it actually will be the end, Conor is making millions a month without anyone trying to give him brain damage, he ain't interest in the quick one off fight purses anymore, he wants long term dividends from the ufc.

And when you consider what he's done for the growth of the sport I think he's entitled to make that request.

No. He was a contracted employee working with the UFC. Nothing more or less. He isn't owed part of the company because he drew big crowds, he was remunerated accordingly as he earnt way more then all other fighters. If he wanted a company share for fights, he should have put it in his contract.

If he wants to make money off a fight organisation, buy in or start your own.

Every fighter "retires" like 5x during their career. He'll be back. Just wants attention and leverage. That retirement post he put up was very half hearted and didn't sound legit.

No. He was a contracted employee working with the UFC. Nothing more or less. He isn't owed part of the company because he drew big crowds, he was remunerated accordingly as he earnt way more then all other fighters. If he wanted a company share for fights, he should have put it in his contract.

If he wants to make money off a fight organisation, buy in or start your own.
Well i'm sure that's the UFC position, which is why I think it's possible this may be for real, but I understand why Conor is doing it, he's happy and doesn't need it, so why not test the boundaries and see if the UFC come back to him down the line.

Conor is coming back with a vengeance! No chance he is retired, just needs one punch.

That's what he told you bedside yesterday?

Dana White's response was pretty awesome, basically a "Bye Felicia" moment.

I find it nearly impossible to believe that McGregor, given his history, would announce his retirement on social media. In a press conference with lights, cameras, reporters, some clowns, maybe a couple of animal acts and a trapeze artist? Then maybe I’ll believe it.

Not sure this time, its very likely hs is in negotiations and acting like a bitch about the ownership BS....but his time for that has past...he has sat on the sidelines for too long and people have lost interest and WME knows this...sure he is still popular but his whole gimmick has become repetitive with the fans...myself included. I love watching him fight, he has some very entertaining skills and has not been part of a shit fight not once in the UFC.

That said I would not be surprised if this is for real but in two years when he is out of his prime he attempts to come back for $$ reasons and then reality hits that he made a huge mistake.

Back