Conor's Retirement is the start of the 165 lbs division.

iWas

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
We have all read Conor's tweet about retirering.

I think like many others that this is a negation tactic because Dana has stated that he won't have a non title-fight above a title fight on a PPV again.

So I can see 3 different endings to this.

1. Interim fight in 155. But the line is long, we have Tony, Dustin, Holloway and also Aldo if he wins his next fight that could make a case more deserving because Conor is coming from a loss.

2. Conor sits out (again) either by choice or as a punishment from the UFC like at UFC 200 and comes back later on a non title PPV.

3. This is my guess. Dana knows Conor is money and with so many fighters lobbing for a 165-division I can see them creating an opportunity to meet Conor half ways, he won't have a stock in the UFC but he will get the opportunity to become a champion again. That would rise the PPV sales and give the later opportunity for a Khabib VS Conor Rematch with two belts on the line in november when Khabib is back.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I already know my english is shit, but it's my second language so shit on my grammar all you want. ;)

Pretty wild conspiracy. Or Khabib just really pushed his shit in.

Pretty wild conspiracy. Or Khabib just really pushed his shit in.

Well, I won't argue with that. Khabib had his number in the 1st match. But I would be lying if I didn't say I'm interested in a rematch but I'd like to see it down the road after one or two wins for Conor with table turned around with Khabib coming from a lay off. A lay off with less booze ofc ;)

Well, I won't argue with that. Khabib had his number in the 1st match. But I would be lying if I didn't say I'm interested in a rematch but I'd like to see it down the road after one or two wins for Conor with table turned around with Khabib coming from a lay off. A lay off with less booze ofc ;)
If he cared about his fans or fighting he would be fighting. His happy cheating on his girl, smashing phones, doing blow and spending money instead. He had a pretty good career but was never one of the greats. Most overrated fighter in history.

You're thinking outside the box. I like it. And hope you're right

I think this is a set up to make the biggest PPV of all time and by a larger margin then ever with "Conor coming out of retirement".

You're thinking outside the box. I like it. And hope you're right
My guess is him VS Cowboy for the 165 lbs Title.

Cowboy can risk a loss at this state of his carrier and is a long time work horse for the UFC deserving of a title and it's a winnable fight for Conor.

as much as id love to see aldo compete for 155 title that aint happening. hes my favorite fighter but unless khabib asks for it and all that jazz i cant justify him jumping ahead of guys that earned their shit. maybe if tony had his chance by now and 155 wasnt logjammed

We have all read Conor's tweet about retirering.

I think like many others that this is a negation tactic because Dana has stated that he won't have a non title-fight above a title fight on a PPV again.

So I can see 3 different endings to this.

1. Interim fight in 155. But the line is long, we have Tony, Dustin, Holloway and also Aldo if he wins his next fight that could make a case more deserving because Conor is coming from a loss.

2. Conor sits out (again) either by choice or as a punishment from the UFC like at UFC 200 and comes back later on a non title PPV.

3. This is my guess. Dana knows Conor is money and with so many fighters lobbing for a 165-division I can see them creating an opportunity to meet Conor half ways, he won't have a stock in the UFC but he will get the opportunity to become a champion again. That would rise the PPV sales and give the later opportunity for a Khabib VS Conor Rematch with two belts on the line in november when Khabib is back.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I already know my english is shit, but it's my second language so shit on my grammar all you want. ;)

165 is and always will be fake news.

conor fighting a cell phone still does 2 million buys.

165 is and always will be fake news.

conor fighting a cell phone still does 2 million buys.

Many people said the same about McGregor fighting Floyd.

And yeah, I can agree that Conor could just stand in the Octagon talking smack and it would sell.

And yeah, I can agree that Conor could just stand in the Octagon talking smack and it would sell.

ufc say it as a easy way make 100 million off conor is the easist event they ever put on. win win for the ufc.

the ufc not inventing a fale weight call for conor now when they could of done it 2 years ago to make the whole champ champ champ thing a thing.

People literally paid to watch him and Ariel talk
It did better numbers then the UFC event

I think he's done. I don't see that people are really that bothered about seeing him fight again. With a guy like him .. people are turning up more to watch him lose than win. And that has happened 3 times in the last 3 years, and they were all finishes. In his last fight, he got absolutely crushed. Unless he's going to work his way back up passed Tony Ferguson, Poirier / Holloway, Iaquinta or whoever else is winning fights. I mean, I don't see any of those fights being great for him. None are walk overs. At 170lbs he's got options, but again, without a belt or active beef with someone, he's gonna have to beat contenders... Looking at those two divisions... Killers, all of them.

At 145 . . . He'll end up against T-City at someone point as it looks like Holloway will be going to 155...Easy money for a fighter that has a crisp ground game.

It's the smart move.

If he cared about his fans or fighting he would be fighting. His happy cheating on his girl, smashing phones, doing blow and spending money instead. He had a pretty good career but was never one of the greats. Most overrated fighter in history.
How do we not know his girl isn't into it also? No matter the rumours or suspicions she's never gave a shit, so chances are she's game.

How do we not know his girl isn't into it also? No matter the rumours or suspicions she's never gave a shit, so chances are she's game.
No I'm sure she is fine with him going out fucking other girls smashing lines while she looks after their child at home.....

Back