If you want someone to be a UFC/MMA fan, whose fights are you gonna show?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
If you want someone to be a UFC/MMA fan, whose fighths/highlights are you gonna show?

I'm torn between Silva in his prime and Jon Jones.

Anderson Silva's highlight reel would absolutely appeal anyone. Those amazing finishes are real-life matrix. But Jones Jones fights and beating everyone in a dominant fashion using his well-rounded skills is also something I would want them to watch.

Pride era Wand for sure. Most entertaining fights ever.

Pride Wand, Shogun and Fedor along with GSP vs. Hughes II and Prime Anderson vs. most opponents not including Maia and Cote.

Probably Anderson Silva. Maybe José Aldo. Someone with some slick submissions would be cool to show also but those take a longer time to set up

Fedor, he was mystical and beat larger men in halcyon days. Then Robbie Lawler and maybe Whittaker for grit, brutality, and in the case of Bobby, well-rounded MMA skillset that is not as boring as GSP's was to a casual. Also old JDS highlights.

If you want someone to be a UFC/MMA fan, whose fighths/highlights are you gonna show?

I'm torn between Silva in his prime and Jon Jones.

Anderson Silva's highlight reel would absolutely appeal anyone. Those amazing finishes are real-life matrix. But Jones Jones fights and beating everyone in a dominant fashion using his well-rounded skills is also something I would want them to watch.

And reaction to

Diego vs Kairo and Rampage vs Wandy2, were fights that won me over. Great fights. Great fighters. Diaz brothers, too.

Between Anderson and Jones, Anderson has had a more consistently entertaining career with wilder finishes. Jones is more prone to being in some boring fights

But yeah, no fighter has more to of a “holy shit” impact on people than Wand. He was truly a beast unchained in his day

I think I would go with more recent fights.

Previously, I had always shown whatever great fights that occurred recently at that time. Koppenhaver getting Anaconda'ed by Yoshiyuki Yoshida was one of my favorite finishes, and it helped me turn a couple friends onto MMA.

I would just show them some of the best fights ever, not just one fighter. I will say, when I find myself telling boxing fans to check out certain MMA fighters, right now I tend to pick out Robert Whittaker, Max Holloway, and also Wonderboy just to show them a wildly different but amazingly effective striker.

Irene Aldana. Aspen Ladd. Tatiana Suarez. Joanna J. Miku Matsumoto. Satoko Shinashi.

Jarl

Lyoto+Machida+UFC+104+Machida+vs+Shogun+wum9Fuhr55fl.jpg

798a2c6750a848de19be71aa64704dce.jpg

Shogun. He's been in some of the most violent and exciting fights in MMA history, but he's also shown a damn good level of skill & technical refinement in some of his fights. He's not just a wild brawler, he can bang it out, fight technical chess matches, and mixes everything together winning fights by KO, subs, and ground & pound.

I like to show people shorter back and forth fights to entice non mma fans.

Back