Eddie Wineland appreciation thread

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Does anybody else always like watching his fights? He has been on the wrong end of a few decisions i thought he clearly won but thats besides the point. He has fought a lot of top BW's over the years. And has a lot of solid wins. Dude is a still a beast!

gunswineland.gif
MeatyLeftConey-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
SmoothDefensiveAustraliancurlew-size_restricted.gif

When I see his name on a card, i'm pleased, wouldn't go as far as to call him a beast though.

I remember that fight with Scott Jorgensen. Jeebus. Good scrap. Also now I’m remembering Scott Jorgensen.

Fun fighter to watch, and he’s been around forever. I remember watching him on one of the earlier WEC replays, back in 2007, and he’s still around.

I watched his WEC fight with Chase Beebe live.

Guy has a chin on him but can’t put his hands up

Man he hasn't fought in a minute. I thought he retired (again)

I watched WEC reruns on Versus fanatically when I was like 14 or 15. Watching him was always a good time. He's still a great watch.

Last edited:
Amazing fighter, great person from what I hear as well.

Side note: as a tattoo enthusiast, his back tattoos are amazing. I can’t imagine how much that cost or how long that took. Whoever did all that is very talented.

Wineland is a throwback, and one of the main reasons I started watching MMA back in the early Zuffa era of the WEC.

While he insists he is not retired, he is primarily focused on his wife and growing family in NW Indiana. He indicated several months ago that he hoped to have another fight booked in the summer of 2019. If he wants, a good candidate to be on UFC 238 (Chicago) or the Minneapolis card.

IMO, he was on the wrong side of a bad decision against Alejandro Perez in his last fight last summer in Boise. While more than likely no longer a candidate to make a serious run, he has always been a fan-favorite. Still only 34 years old.

I always like his fights, too bad his just bleed style has led him to getting his chin cracked a bit too much. I'm a just bleed guy and I approve of his fights.
<{JustBleed}>

always liked wineland and his style.

kinda unrelated but just on the subject of WEC guys i fucking loved pickett, dude doesn't get enough love.

those 135-145 WEC days were fun as fuck.

Wineland is a throwback, and one of the main reasons I started watching MMA back in the early Zuffa era of the WEC.

While he insists he is not retired, he is primarily focused on his wife and growing family in NW Indiana. He indicated several months ago that he hoped to have another fight booked in the summer of 2019. If he wants, a good candidate to be on UFC 238 (Chicago) or the Minneapolis card.

IMO, he was on the wrong side of a bad decision against Alejandro Perez in his last fight last summer in Boise. While more than likely no longer a candidate to make a serious run, he has always been a fan-favorite. Still only 34 years old.

He said on twitter thats exactly when he's looking to come back! Ufc 238!

always liked wineland and his style.

kinda unrelated but just on the subject of WEC guys i fucking loved pickett, dude doesn't get enough love.

those 135-145 WEC days were fun as fuck.

Agreed for sure! Pickett is/was awesome.

Under appreciated IMO. He's had some great performances and finishes in the past including Jorgensen. Thought he won his last fight.

I enjoy watching Eddie Wineland fight i would call myself fan..

Back