Duke Roufas Reveals That He Kicked Anthony Pettis Out of the Gym Prior to Poirier Fight

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Says he "got caught" in sparring three weeks out. Starts at 4:30.

If he got caught in the rib, then it might explain the ending of that fight.

PETTIS LOOKS LIKE A BABY COMPARED TO T "BLACK LIVES MATTER" WOODLEY.

THAT BEING SAID, TWOOD VIA UNAMINOUS DEC

Says he "got caught" in sparring three weeks out. Starts at 4:30.

I was wondering about this.

So tell me if this rundown is accurate: Anthony wasn’t listening to Roufas so Roufas kicked him out for a week so he would?

Also Roufus and Anthony did say they consider each other family.

Pettis was able to do what Woodley couldn't do when he fought Wonderboy twice.

I think 170 Pettis has a good chance at making a run for the title.

Duke has always been a dick. Great coach but still a dick. Also My throat feels dry whenever he speaks.

1. Why are you talking in CAPS?
  2. You use "Black Lives Matter" in a way to suggest you don't think they do - or perhaps you're suggesting that his issues w/ the UFC aren't race related? (which would be correct) Either way those positions aren't interchangeable, and shouldn't be grouped together.
  3. You don't know how to spell unanimous.
  4. Pettis looked like a baby? - but the best Woodley could muster is a decision? Those thoughts don't match up.

Last edited:
Duke doesn't go into detail about why that happened, so it's hard to comment on it with authority. My understanding is that Anthony's head was not in a good place during training at one point, and Duke figured that Anthony needed a time-out from training to clear his head and get back on track. The way Anthony reacted while Duke told that story makes me think that Anthony approved of Duke's strategy 100%; probably having just KO'd Wonderboy had something to do with that.

Zero chance. He struggles against pressure fighters. He struggles against wrestlers. WW is full of both.

Zero chance. He struggles against pressure fighters. He struggles against wrestlers. WW is full of both.

Very true, but that's not to say there are a ton of fun match-ups at 170 that he could take.

People are sometimes so interested in the title progression but Pettis doesn't need to be. He really should just angle for the fights that can make him the most money. Especially if he's got 3-4 fights left.

Roufus mostly gives some very solid corner advise. His gameplans are good.
Technique, well 80s kickboxing, he still spars and is a bit punch drunk.

Roufus*

Also, what do you mean "he got kicked out of the gym"?

Usman and Colby could get ugly for him, but outside of that there's lots of good fights.
If the right person were to beat Kamaru and Pettis was in the top-5, its not unthinkable.

Getting beaten the entire time and hitting a Hail Mary KO makes you think he can be champ at 170?

<Moyes5>

Usman and Colby could get ugly for him, but outside of that there's lots of good fights.
If the right person were to beat Kamaru and Pettis was in the top-5, its not unthinkable.
Pettis could submit Colby and he's just shown he has the KO power at WW to shut out your lights.

Pettis could submit Colby and he's just shown he has the KO power at WW to shut out your lights.
He could submit anybody tbh
But will it happen idk. Just imagining Colby constantly walking him down and Anthony not getting anything off is irritating

Yeah it COULD happen but I just don’t see it. The size disadvantage is going to be problematic for Pettis even against less skilled grapplers.

Back