Media Dana White admits he was wrong about WMMA.

SeverianB

Hiding in bushes in the 505.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or, "Dana gets his HGH swollen face shoved into his shitpile of misogynistic words by a female reporter."

I think he was right to begin with. The interest only really lies with a handful of WMMA fighters. I and most people I know will tune out of a WMMA fight on a card unless it was a Cyborg, Rousey, Namajunas and JJ. 5 or 6 fighters isn't enough over 3 divisions

He was right to be anti-WMMA and should have stuck to his guns but them Ronda PPV dollaz were too much to refuse.

This thread will bring out the common offenders from both sides.

WMMA will never get big. It’s just a very small niche.

Absolutely nobody "wants" to watch WMMA specifically.

I as a male consumer of the product tries to be reasonable in my analysis of female combat, but just being objective and honest, they are not as good as the men. Every now and then you get really good fighters like Amanda Nunes, Valentina Shevchenko and maybe even someone like Jessica Andrade. On the whole, they simply aren't as good.

On the other hand, I can watch female tennis all day, because they genuinely play at a high level. The top 10 on the women's circuit do not constantly trip over themselves with amateur mistakes, in MMA they do.

Last edited:
Or, "Dana gets his HGH swollen face shoved into his shitpile of misogynistic words by a female reporter."

Bro you are not even a real wmma fan you apparently are a fan of Michelle just because she is hot . Why are you giving us who dont like WMMA shit ?

Also 95% of WMMA sucks

He has admitted this over and over for the last 4 or so years :p

But I do think the recent trend of FORCING wmma fights on massive PPV's is dumb. Give us the hot WMMA fights like Cyborg and Nunes and top fighters on main card sure but not some random chicks that none of my friends know and then bump other guys down to prelims that are actually top ranked guys while low ranked no name chicks are on main card

It was an off the cuff comment that showed his opinion of women fighters at the time. As soon as there was money to be made he jumped like the businessman he is. Now he is stuck with them and at the moment he probably would like to get back out but he can't do it now. He is just hanging out for a star to emerge.

Eh its getting better unlike say 8-10 years ago. Its not like the 3 divisions are stacked anyway so I don't mind watching 2-3 women's fight per card. I could just watch something else if the fight gets boring.

FJOsNUE.jpg

Bro you are not even a real wmma fan you apparently are a fan of Michelle just because she is hot . Why are you giving us who dont like WMMA shit ?

Also 95% of WMMA sucks
and even that 5% bore the shit out of me when they face each other, like Nunes vs Shevchenko etc

UFC loves watered-down cards.
Get the hose out. Hose everybody.

Dana: "I was wrong about WMMA"

So the opposite is true, he was right all along.

<seedat>

Ronda was the only WMMA cash cow there has ever been, she was the female Conor McGregor except didn't sell as much. But still was way ahead of any other WMMA fighter by light years in terms of money she made the UFC

It's not misogyny to say crappy fighters are crappy and wmma fighters are crappy.

It's also not misogyny for a businessman to avoid selling a bad product.

I guess the WMMA was created to attract female spectators. And they mixed with normal fights, so men public doesn't go either. Probably from a marketing point is a good strategy.

Back