• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Curtis Blaydes Refuses to Change His "Boring" Style

Reporter confronts dominant heavyweight over *controversial wrestling

(Timestamped at 2:10)

Blaydes calmly vows to "Khabib his way" through the Heavyweight division.

*vast majority of polled Sherdog posters did not like his fight against Willis

Man I don't know.. khabib does more damage than this guy

Man I don't know.. khabib does more damage than this guy
giphy.gif

<YeahOKJen>

You watch his last fight ? He didn't wanna do anything
It's not unusual coming off a ko loss for a guy to come back and play it safe. He was definitely becoming more aggressive in his style until Ngannou flatlined him. What he does from here on out remains to be seen, although from what he says he sounds comfortable in the way he just fought.

If he wants to win that way then that's up to him but he can't make people enjoy watching it and that's what he needs to remember. The fans enjoyment is what makes them want to watch. Without anyone watching he is nothing.

Khabib is a much better mat grappler than Curtis, the fat guy gave Curtis his back the entire fight and it seemed like Curtis didn't know any submissions at all to finish it.

Can’t blame a man for not wanting to take head trauma.

Can’t blame a man for not watching a boring fighter either.

I am not asking him to fight standing and get KOs.
But he can use his wrestling like he did and actually GnP or go for a sub.
He had zero attempts at a sub, a significant strike or a position advance in 3 rounds.
Like someone else said it's a long way to the top when you do that

I'm a bit surprised his fight against Willis was that controversial. Blaydes delivered several slams and a knock down on the feet. It's not his fault that Willis couldn't hold up his end. Guess because it's HW, people expect bums swinging hands until someone is flatlined.

You guys realize Blaydes took that shit personal with Willis and was just toying with him and showing dominance right? Man laid his balls on him for 15 minutes and wont fuck he could do about it. As seen with Reem, he can finish.

You're a HW and people expect excitement from the HW division.

So that's fine, lay on guys and hold them down for your career. It's within the rules.

But I'm going to hope you get brutally KO'd every time you step out there for stinking up arenas.

It's not unusual coming off a ko loss for a guy to come back and play it safe. He was definitely becoming more aggressive in his style until Ngannou flatlined him. What he does from here on out remains to be seen, although from what he says he sounds comfortable in the way he just fought.
Dude needs to learn some submission skills. I know khabib doesn't do much subs, but I thought he had a few good shots at a choke vs Willis. Would like to see him throw more strikes when on the ground too. At least Khabib can do that.

If he wants to win that way then that's up to him but he can't make people enjoy watching it and that's what he needs to remember. The fans enjoyment is what makes them want to watch. Without anyone watching he is nothing.
But it's far better for his career that he wins in a boring fashion then lose by a KO, he should fight the way he feels comfortable with imo. it's not WWE lol.

Khabib/GSP he means. The man has to eat. Obviously, Francis was having none of that. It is up to the other fighters TDD. Its MMA baby!
You people with a problem with what Blades did, go watch kick boxing or something. This is the wrong sport for you.

You guys realize Blaydes took that shit personal with Willis and was just toying with him and showing dominance right? Man laid his balls on him for 15 minutes and wont fuck he could do about it. As seen with Reem, he can finish.
In what world is what he did to Willis 'worse' than what he did to Overeem?

Back