The greatest unsung Heavyweights in the UFC

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Outside of the obvious candidates for the UFC GOAT's (Stipe, Cain, Werdum) who are some of that deserve to be in the discuss and why?

JDS- Might have the most impressive resume if you look at his total UFC tenure. I believe he still has the longest win streak in the division and that was against monsters (Carwin, Cain, Mir-when he was good, Werdum). He's also now beaten three heavily touted prospects in a row and is back in title contention.

Couture- Three time HW champion, one of the first to thoroughly dominate long-time champ Sylvia, beat a lot of the original bad-asses in Randleman, Rizzo, etc.

Sylvia- A dark horse, but he did beat Arlovski twice, held the belt on two separate ocassions and had one of the most impressive win streaks leading up to his UFC debut.

I mean jds has beaten the 3 guys you called the ufc goats, so i'd put him up there.

JDS is very underrated as is Werdum.

Some of the newer fans underrate Josh Barnett. Dude was a monster.

JDS is just as worthy to be in the discussion as any other HW. It's really down to Stipe vs JDS for best HW of all time in the UFC.

Arlovski would have been the greatest of all time had he not shaved. Long-haired bushy-chested, vampire-teeth-mouthpieced Arlovski was never defeated.

Goat of the vertical leap… and it’s not even close…

bKngDei.gif

Stefan Struve's submission game deserves more credit than it gets. Who would think that a 7'0" HW Dutch kickboxer would have 18 submission wins to his name?

JDS easily above Cain.
Check their resumes ffs. Prime Cigano was a scary motherfucker who was KOing everyone.

Gary Goodridge (never fought in UFC, I think)
Marco Ruas
Minotauro Nigueira

Back