So 2 LW rejects go up to WW and become top 5 ? What an "evolved" division

PastOfPrime

Gjergj Kastrioti - Skënderbeu
Banned
Reaction score
If anything the division has only decreased like ive been saying for a long time , Imagine i had Anti-GSP shills tell me that WW is somehow the most evolved division in MMA , Top 3contender Wonderboy gets KOd stiff by featherfister LW gatekeeper Anthony Pettis.
Prime GSP would have dominated easily current WW with only Usman and Colby probably being somehow competitive fights
I mean there were LWs fighting at 170 back in the day too but GSP kicked their asses out of 170 .
In today WW most of the top 10 are one dimensional fighters and there are 3 fighters with over 10 losses in their careers
You have Masvidal who couldnt even break into LW top 15 is a top 5 guy at LW i dont even need to talk about his record he couldnt even be a gatekeeper at 155 ,
Pettis is a former champion but he got his ass kicked out of 155 from Tony and has gone 4-6 since 2015 he gets his first KO win with punches at WW against Wodley's best win Wonderboy
RDA was a great 155er and i dont count him really as a LW reject but he also had a lot of losses at 155 and also got his ass kicked out of 155 by Tony as well .
I know a lot of you guys hate on GSP but there still hasnt been a better WW than him and i think that it will be a long time before we see a better welterweight than him , he would easily dominate today's welterweight division.

Masvidal isn’t a reject retard.

Pettis isnt a reject retard. Former champ. Masvidal was at lw in the UFC and his record proves that@Alanf7

It's easy (well, not "easy-easy", but you know what I mean) to get a top 5 ranking when you automatically leap a beaten opponent *and* a bunch of other guys, only fight once, and get to avoid your toughest stylistic matchups.

Masvidal isn't even a reject anyways.

Masvidal isn’t a reject retard.
He couldnt even make it into top 10 at LW . Let alone compete at the elite level.
Pettis isnt a reject retard. Former champ. Masvidsl was 3-6 at lw in the UFC @Alanf7
Your boy got his ass whooped by almost every fighter he faced since RDA beat his ass . His only victories at LW since then are Chiesa(Cattchweight but not Pettis fault) and Jim Miller .

Imagine how different the divison would be without grind wrestlers colby and usman.

Welterweight is the most interesting division right now though.

Masvidal and Pettis are two of the most skilled fighters 170lbs and under, ever

Santos n Smith also moved up and starting doing really well..
<Fedor23>

He couldnt even make it into top 10 at LW . Let alone compete at the elite level.

Your boy got his ass whooped by almost every fighter he faced since RDA beat his ass . His only victories at LW since then are Chiesa(Cattchweight but not Pettis fault) and Jim Miller .
Former champ, defended the belt. Next

I agree with your conclusion that WW isn't that evolved from say 10-15 years ago, but I don't agree that Pettis and Masvidal are "rejects" they're both great fighters in their own right.

FW BJ Penn choked out prime Hughes, arguably beat GSP in their first fight, and fought #1 ranked WW Fitch to a draw. LW Serra made prime GSP tap to strikes.

LWs have always found success at WW.

If anything the division has only decreased like ive been saying for a long time , Imagine i had Anti-GSP shills tell me that WW is somehow the most evolved division in MMA , Top 3contender Wonderboy gets KOd stiff by featherfister LW gatekeeper Anthony Pettis.
Prime GSP would have dominated easily current WW with only Usman and Colby probably being somehow competitive fights
I mean there were LWs fighting at 170 back in the day too but GSP kicked their asses out of 170 .
In today WW most of the top 10 are one dimensional fighters and there are 3 fighters with over 10 losses in their careers
You have Masvidal who couldnt even break into LW top 15 is a top 5 guy at LW i dont even need to talk about his record he couldnt even be a gatekeeper at 155 ,
Pettis is a former champion but he got his ass kicked out of 155 from Tony and has gone 4-6 since 2015 he gets his first KO win with punches at WW against Wodley's best win Wonderboy
RDA was a great 155er and i dont count him really as a LW reject but he also had a lot of losses at 155 and also got his ass kicked out of 155 by Tony as well .
I know a lot of you guys hate on GSP but there still hasnt been a better WW than him and i think that it will be a long time before we see a better welterweight than him , he would easily dominate today's welterweight division.

GSPs WW division had trouble beating a fat chubby LW.

Maybe WW has ALWAYS been a tad overrated ...

Former champ, defended the belt. Next
Got his prime beaten out of him by RDA , goes on to lose to Eddie , get schooled by Barboza , schooled/finished by Max, Poirier made him quit , Tony did the same as Dustin.
RDA turned your boy into a gatekeeper get over it .

Lol
Masvidal was a gatekeepers at welterweight
His till win doesn’t change that
Pettis has one win
Don’t exaggerate

GSPs WW division had trouble beating a fat chubby LW.
HW Machida had trouble doing it too , whats your point?
FW BJ Penn choked out prime Hughes and arguably beat GSP in their first fight. LW Serra made prime GSP tap to strikes.

LWs have always found success at WW.
GSP destroyed both of them in rematches and also won clearly the first Penn fight and the first Serra fight was a fluke.
He should have been convicted for attempted mruder to what he did to Serra and Penn in rematches

Whittaker is the MW champ and Gastelum is fighting for the interim MW belt, neither of them could make it in the WW division.
Thompson beat Whittaker and Woodley beat Gastelum.

It's not like what's going on at WW is anything new but the LWs aren't getting the belt unlike Whittaker the failed WW.

,,,,,,,,,,,,, here, take some commas.

Got his prime beaten out of him by RDA , goes on to lose to Eddie , get schooled by Barboza , schooled/finished by Max, Poirier made him quit , Tony did the same as Dustin.
RDA turned your boy into a gatekeeper get over it .
Just one punch knocked out the #4 ww in the world

That was a great win for Pettis, but let's get real, it was probably the easiest stylistic match up for him in the top ten next to Till.

The guy has an issue with pressure strikers and grapplers, and that's most of the division.

Back