How about these Future Welterweight Matchups?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Do you agree or disagree with this list?
  • Santiago Ponz vs Askren
  • Santiago Ponz vs Woodley
  • Masvidal vs Pettis
  • Maia vs Till
  • Colby vs Usman
  • Lawler vs Wonderboy

Do you agree or disagree with this list?
  • Santiago Ponz vs Askren
  • Santiago Ponz vs Woodley
  • Masvidal vs Pettis
  • Maia vs Till
  • Colby vs Usman
  • Lawler vs Wonderboy
I agree, Ponz deserves to fight a Top Five. Beating Woodley or Askren will give him a title shot.
Another interesting fight is Leon Edwards vs Elizeu Zalesky dos santos.

PD: Rafael dos Anjos is a coward, he ducked Ponz for months and now is fighting Kevin Lee.

No. I hate when Lightweights move up to welterweight just to face other lightweights, aka your suggested Masvidal vs. Pettis match up aka the RDA vs. Lee match up. If they move up to welterweight, then I want to see them against real, established welterweights.

I like these match ups

Masvidal vs. Woodley
Edwards vs. ponzi
Maia vs. Zaleski
Askren vs. Till
Wonderboy vs luque
Magny vs. Gunnar

Pettis is going back to LW

I like woodley v ponzinibbio
The UFC would be beyond stupid to not do Masvidal vs Edwards.
Lawler v Pettis
Wonderboy v Askren

Let maia have his old man fight with Sanchez. And till can join MW.

I agree, Ponz deserves to fight a Top Five. Beating Woodley or Askren will give him a title shot.
Another interesting fight is Leon Edwards vs Elizeu Zalesky dos santos.

PD: Rafael dos Anjos is a coward, he ducked Ponz for months and now is fighting Kevin Lee.

Edwards is more deserving of a top guy than Ponz in my opinion. I think they should fight each other.

Edwards is more deserving of a top guy than Ponz in my opinion. I think they should fight each other.

your opinion is valid, but, Edwards is in a 7 win streak, 5 decisions 2 finishes and only one top ten (cerrone), Ponz is also in a 7, but, 3 decisions, 4 finishes (KO) and two top ten (Nelson was 8 and Magny was 7)
Numbers speaks by themselves, Ponz is the most deserving a top five guy, fighting each other is a chance, but neither of them wants it. Elizeu is in the same awkward position.

your opinion is valid, but, Edwards is in a 7 win streak, 5 decisions 2 finishes and only one top ten (cerrone), Ponz is also in a 7, but, 3 decisions, 4 finishes (KO) and two top ten (Nelson was 8 and Magny was 7)
Numbers speaks by themselves, Ponz is the most deserving a top five guy, fighting each other is a chance, but neither of them wants it. Elizeu is in the same awkward position.

Yeah, but Edwards didn't cheat to beat gunnar and he has a win over Luque and cowboy as well, which is better than a win over magny in my books. Edwards and Ponzi are close in the rankings. They should fight.

Yeah, but Edwards didn't cheat to beat gunnar and he has a win over Luque and cowboy as well, which is better than a win over magny in my books. Edwards and Ponzi are close in the rankings. They should fight.

Luque was not a top ten.

Woodley vs Ponz
Askren vs Lawler seems to be happening again, so I'll roll with this assumption
Pettis vs Masvidal
Edwards vs Maia maybe?

Edwards vs Ponz would be a nice fight to watch, but Edwards is more interested in fighting Masvidal, UFC will decide what is better for... UFC

No. I hate when Lightweights move up to welterweight just to face other lightweights, aka your suggested Masvidal vs. Pettis match up aka the RDA vs. Lee match up. If they move up to welterweight, then I want to see them against real, established welterweights.

I like these match ups

Masvidal vs. Woodley
Edwards vs. ponzi
Maia vs. Zaleski
Askren vs. Till
Wonderboy vs luque
Magny vs. Gunnar

I feel ya, I too want LWs that go to WW take different trajectories and see how they fare against actual WWs. They can fight if they meet at the top for contention.

Askren vs Robbie/Ponz/Maia/Mas
Pettis vs Gunny/Zaleski
Twood vs Robbie II/Ponz/Mas
Till vs Luque/Lee/Rda
Edwards vs Magney/Ponz/Wonderboy

I was thinking

.Usman vs Colby
.Woodley vs Ponzi or RDA/Lee winner
.Ponzi vs Woodley
.Pettis vs Lawler or RDA/Lee winner
.Askren vs Maia or Lawler rematch
.Thompson vs Usman/Colby loser
.Dos Santos vs Magny
.Till vs Luque

I like these match ups

Masvidal vs. Woodley
Edwards vs. ponzi
Maia vs. Zaleski
Askren vs. Till
Wonderboy vs luque
Magny vs. Gunnar

Like those fights

Given what’s already been scheduled at WW (Covington vs Usman, Woodley vs Lawler, Askren vs Masvidal, and RDA vs Lee), I’d like to see

Rocco Martin vs Maia
Till vs Edwards
Thompson vs Ponzinibbio
Magny vs dos Santos
Luque vs Al Hassan
Price vs Muhammad
Good vs Barbarena

Feel free to add any other WW matchups you come up with, TS and lurkers.

Edit: with Pettis fighting the Cerrone/Iaquinta loser.

Back