Pettis looks pretty thick and strong at WW

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He actually looked bigger than Wonderboy at the weight, albeit not taller of course. Of course he's carrying some extra arm and belly fat but he really looks in shape, how a fighter should look before a fight.

Thick Pettis is born baby!

Crazy he (almost) fought at featherweight.

I read that as thick and long.

(Because it is Sherdog, my brain expects things like that in thread titles I guess).

It’s still crazy to me how these guys starve themselves to death AND THEN dehydrated themselves into the living death...

Then have this dumb ass look on their face wondering what’s wrong with them lol.

It’s the fucking weight cutting fellas!

His future should be at 155 but some successful fights vs the right 170ers will make him a better fighter at 155.

An awesome W for Anthony but he was getting touched pretty good before he pulled off punch.I think hes smart enough to know and I know his head coach certainly is.

nah too many big wrestlers at WW for him. He should spend his time at LW with a one off here and there at WW against other strikers.

Weight cutting is the biggest problem in MMA matchups.. I love seeing fighters go up.. and it's working out pretty well so far

Now it's time to tell the weight cutting pussies like Darren Till to move up. It seems he hasn't gotten the memo.

He actually looked bigger than Wonderboy at the weight, albeit not taller of course. Of course he's carrying some extra arm and belly fat but he really looks in shape, how a fighter should look before a fight.

Well he already has a finish at WW early in his career.. so it is not a surprise to anyone who has followed mma outside of the known orgs, that he looked good at WW. Plus, the kid does walk around in the 180s, like many 45ers and most 55ers do.. so it's not like 170lb is unrealistic.

Really can't wait to see how thick, solid and tight he can get.

Was right there on the side the KO happened, behind Wonderboys family.

Felt kinda bad because his family looked horrified. He looked like he was dead.

Honestly, I thought he looked bad at 170. Yes, he won the fight in violent fashion, but it did little more than show he is still dangerous.

This thread just needs the words...... Grind, meat and sausage..........

At the weigh in he looked big, but in the fight Wonderboy was clearly the bigger guy. Pettis probably didnt cut as much weight as he did

Back