Should Tony return at 170?

Ying Li

Yo mama
@red
Reaction score
I'm thinking he can fight for the belt at WW.

Fast track him.

No. He needs to stay at LW, especially being the number 1 there.

WW blankets (Usman, Colby) would dry hump him to decisions likely with their size advantage

If Holloway beats Khabib Maybe. We need somebody fun at 170 to whoop these wrestlers.

If those reports are true and the situation is that bad should he even fight anymore ? should his family be okay with it, the UFC/Dana, the commission and even the opponent imagine KO'ing him.. that will be a tense time after a loss.

It appears he may have screwed himself out of any LW title fight for about a year. Assuming Khabib fights the interim holder in September. Khabib probably wouldn’t fight again until sometime around a year from now. But there’s no guarantees that Tony even gets the TS a year from now.

As for WW. Going from being the number 1 at LW, to swim with bigger fish may not go well. The guy gets punched hard at LW and drops. And in a general sense WW will usually be harder punchers. But not cutting as much weight might help. I really don’t know.

I’m not sure that’s a good idea. Plus who even knows if Tony is mentally able to fight any time in the next year. I don’t think you should go up in weight when you’re that highly ranked and on that winning streak. And there is no way he deserves an instant TS at WW. As for fast tracking him. That’s easier said than done.

to bad wreslters are what is winning belts.
Plenty of strikers winning belts too and they're much more fun to watch. Having a wrestling background doesn't mean you have to try and dry hump your opponents like some of these Welterweights do.

Plenty of strikers winning belts too and they're much more fun to watch. Having a wrestling background doesn't mean you have to try and dry hump your opponents like some of these Welterweights do.

in the end all that matters is winning said bye mr boring him self gsp

in the end all that matters is winning sd bye mr boring him self gsp
I mean not really, in general it's bad for the sport and a fighter who isn't exciting won't get paid very well unless they're GSP.

I'm thinking he can fight for the belt at WW.

Fast track him.

After he gets the LW belt?..yeah, why not? he is a beast. I dont think he can beat Khabib tho, but I would like him to try and actually do it. That will be cool. He is a crazy hard working man. He deserves it.

I mean not really, in general it's bad for the sport and a fighter who isn't exciting won't get paid very well unless they're GSP.

you can be nate diva who is 17-13 in mma or woodley who one of the best champs in ufc history.

After he gets the LW belt?..yeah, why not? he is a beast. I dont think he can beat Khabib tho, but I would like him to try and actually do it. That will be cool. He is a crazy hard working man. He deserves it.

tony not winning the lw belt. i mean he lost to a power cord.

Back