Anthony Pettis vs Santiago Ponzinibbio next?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What a fight this would be. Who do you think takes it.

That KO last night will go down as one of my all time favorites. Couldn’t believe it.

War showtime

No.
Pettis is not taking fights to build up new guys. He has stated in his recent interviews he doesn't want to "fight down" - as in fight lower ranked guys where he had nothing to gain. As much of a fun fight that Ponz/Pettis would be, I think the risk will outweigh the reward for Pettis.

He wants marquee established names and big paychecks.

Most likely IMO:
Masvidal
RDA
Lawler
Gaethje/Barbosa winner

Pettis with swimming goggles takes it.
You know who could teach him...?

Steven-Seagal-yellow-glasses-original.jpg

<23>

No.
Pettis is not taking fights to build up new guys. He has stated in his recent interviews he doesn't want to "fight down" - as in fight lower ranked guys where he had nothing to gain. As much of a fun fight that Ponz/Pettis would be, I think the risk will outweigh the reward for Pettis.

Most likely IMO:
Masvidal
RDA
Lawler
Gaethje/Barbosa winner
Well I don’t agree that Ponzi would be a step down for Pettis. Looking at the shape of WW right now I actually think it would be the other way around.

No.

Most likely IMO:
Masvidal
RDA
Lawler
Gaethje/Barbosa winner

Huh? Santiago Ponzinibbio (sp?) is on the 2nd longest WW win streak at 7. A win streak exceeded only by the champion's. Masvidal is on a whopping one fight win streak, and is only 2 fights removed from a decisive loss to the guy Pettis just KTFO.

RDA has a fight coming up and Lawler just lost (and rightfully should be lined up for a rematch).

I'm with TS, this is the first fight that came to my mind last night. Would be a fuckin fire-fight, and Ponz is riding some serious momentum, makes perfect sense.

Ponzi should fight Edwards. Pettis vs Masvidal would be more fun. Although if RDA beats Lee, they're (RDA/Pettis) both down to run it back at WW.

Pettis has been outstruck by plenty of FWs and LWs. Yes, he had a nice hail mary KO last night, but before the Wonderboy was winning decisively. We've seen this many times before--a fighter gets an upset, because anything can happen in MMA--like a superman punch out of nowhere. Then he gets thrown to the wolves and exposed.

I think Pettis should fight guys like himself who have been around for a while and are no longer elite or on their way up. Rematches with Cerrone and RDA make sense. So would Conor or Nate Diaz.

I feel like ponzi would absolutely smash him. I hope Anthony can go on a runrun that was a fantastic ko.

Good fight. Pettis could win, especially if Ponzinibbio doesn't get away with his cheating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Username Required LMAO
Back